Radio Codes

Got the battery disconnected when doing the clutch and not got the manual or anything with the car so can anyone on here possibly get me the code for free? Would be a big help.

I have to deal with the same issue two weeks ago, when replacing rear shift bulbs sensor. Luckily the previous owner had it wrote on a post-it inside de user's guide.

But here in Spain, if a proffesional workshop calls Renault, they give them the code for free. Ask a reliable proffesional you know.

There is a program floating around the internet which gives you radio codes. Cant find the link but ive got it in my PC, just post the last 4 digits of the serial number and i can send you the code. The last 4 digits are in the format letter then 3 numbers (e.x C223). The serial number is on the side or back of the head unit on a sticker. You will obviously need to remove the headunit out a little bit to see this.

Bit of a thread resurrection, but if I pm you my digits, could you do me a code too? I've just bought a 197 and I guess its had a change of stereo at some point as the code in my svc book doesn't work. Cheers.

There's an app, just search for Renault radio code generator in the Google play store. Follow the instructions then pull the radio out and scan the barcode on the side to get your code.

if it doesnt work then you could try a local garage to do it for you..
or the online generator..never used it myself so cant comment on how to use it though..