Radio code not working - error code displayed

Hi guys, I’ve had my Clio up and running for a week now, and I love it!
There’s the normal few gremlins arising but I expected that.
Not having a radio all week is one of them, and even more annoyingly, the lack of a clock ( because of the stereo)
It’s a cabasse head unit, with the amp under the drivers seat.
I’ve removed the head unit, made a note of the code ( I’ve since cross checked it against the list in here using the serial number ) but it just keeps flashing up error.
I turn the wheel dial, punch in the numbers then hold the dial up for 3/4/10 seconds- but nothing happens ( apart from the error code ) is there anything I’m missing ?

The amp and the head unit need to be a matching set check the amp it will have a security code sticker and let us know or put up a picture the amp does all the work the head unit is an empty box to hold the CD's and input buttons.

Reactions: Clio chris 197
BF8839F6-8769-4DFC-80C2-364DB233E618.jpegE26BD3E0-9F1E-49C8-8DD7-1326C64981DD.jpeg
So am I right in thinking the head unit is the wrong one for the amp then?
is there a work around or do I need to buy replacements for both?
Thanks Chris

was the unit ever working in the car before? try one of these two codes based on the last 4 digits of each unit Renault can get a code if needed.

B8100769
Z5620491

But saying that mine is not the amp based code just checked my car there now although have you pictured the label on the front of the amp or pulled the amp out and photo'd the labels on top of the housing.

Last edited:
But saying that mine is not the amp based code just checked my car there now although have you pictured the label on the front of the amp or pulled the amp out and photo'd the labels on top of the housing.

thats just the label on the front of the amp, I thought that was all I needed to do on that
I’ll pull the amp out and check the numbers on the back.
I’ve already tried the 0769 code to no avail.
the stereo hasn’t worked since I’ve had it, I just thought it was a case of putting the code in
thanks for your help turkie

Sorry the amp has the sticker on the inside face and the last 4 numbers can generate the unlock code and the front sticker should be the same as the inside top and side labels but the side label is what counts. So check the amp side labels to confirm "Z562" and the unlock code should be "0491" I messed up with mine I was looking up the code with the wrong number on my unit so I sent you in the wrong direction but I have rechecked mine and my list generates the right code.

1610318664386.png
1610321543651.png

1610318727209.png

OK then good news so we can close this off by saying a 6 Disc Cabasse Radio unit with the amp under the seat the label on it's side has the 4 digit code needed to generate the Radio unlock code and the dash unit has no info on it to do this.