Radio beeping, not asking for code

Mashley_1

Paid Member
For a long time, the screen on the dash was not displaying the radio information after I had to disconnect the battery. This morning I have turned the car on and it is working again but the radio is beeping every five seconds.

I have heard this can be because the radio needs the code entering, but, it is not asking for the code.

Is there a way to get the radio to ask for the code manually?

There are reports this is possible on some other forums but I can't actually find the information on how to do it. One place said try holding down 6, or maybe 2 and 5 at the same time but neither of these has worked.

Apologies if this has been asked before but I have been searching and I can't find the information anywhere.

I don't know the answer to your question but it might help others to answer if you can post a picture of the radio to work out which radio you have.

I don't know the answer to your question but it might help others to answer if you can post a picture of the radio to work out which radio you have.
Good shout, I will go and get one in a bit and post it.

If it helps it's a Cabasse Auditorium, 6 CD changer in the dash and the amp under the seat type, I think it's standard for the Clio 197's.

There should be a security sticker on the side of the head unit but I think there is one on the side of the amp under the seat get me a picture of the two and I'll see if I can work out the code. The code is entered using the steering wheel controls wheel roll for number pull the wheel to enter.
1. Press the POWER key on the radio to switch on the radio CODE
and then 0000 will appear in the display.
2. Adjust the flashing digit with the thumb wheel on the steering
wheel radio control.
3. Press the lower key on the steering wheel radio control to
confirm the digit and move to the next digit.
4. When complete press the lower key on the steering wheel
control until you hear a bleep to validate the code.
EXAMPLE
Say you want to enter 1. 3. 5. 2.
A. Turn the thumb wheel until you see 1- press lower key.
B. Turn the thumb wheel until you see 3-press lower key.
C. Turn the thumb wheel until you see 5-press lower key.
D. Turn the thumb wheel until you see 2-press lower key
E. Press the lower key on the steering wheel key until you hear a bleep.

The code should now be accepted (assuming its the correct one) and the radio should work etc.

Thanks for taking the time to reply.

I have the code and I have previously entered it. It is just this time it is beeping every five seconds but not asking for the code. I will try to take a video and upload it somewhere so you can see what is happening.

Do you know if there is a way to force it to ask for the code, or why this might be happening?

I have tried disconnecting the battery and connecting it again, but it just did the same and still didn't ask for the code. If I can't find a solution then I think I may just have to give in and replace it with an aftermarket unit, but don't really have a lot of money at the moment so I would prefer to fix the one if possible.

you might have put in the wrong code or not correctly someone said you might have to waint 20mins before it asks again and the time might increase every wrong time.

you might have put in the wrong code or not correctly someone said you might have to waint 20mins before it asks again and the time might increase every wrong time.
Thanks, that is possible as I couldn't see the screen for a while and I was messing around with the wheel on the steering wheel to see if I could get it to display to the screen somehow. I will leave it on for a while with the sound down to see if that works.

The head unit I think the beeps will stop after a time and ask for the code again and I think the code has to be generated from the security sticker on the amp the head unit is a remote disc changer.