Racing my clio 197

this is my first fast car and was just making sure its ok to drive these quite hard and high revs (obviously not bouncing on the red line lol)

this is kinda what their built for aint they?

First fast car, bouncing off the limiter... This can only end one way.

The 197 is VERY confidence inspiring, take it easy out there mate.

Racing? Where you planning on racing it? Get a track day done and you will be able to see what the cars really got!

i mean as in on the odd few duel carriage ways etc...

just making sure i wont kill the car driving it 5-7 k revs lol :smile:

It will kill the car if it's not serviced properly.

If you are often driving the car hard, you need to keep on top of oil level, oil changes, brake pads etc. probably more often than the manufacturers recommendations.

I'd go with the other people in this thread though, racing on the road is a bad idea.

Also, racing on a dual carriageway in this you will lose, even a decent mapped diesel will destroy a 197 in a straight line.

Get it on a twisty circuit and they'll soon be specs in the mirror.

Redlining through the twisties is the best feeling and you don't need to break the law in doing so. I would defiantly recommend a track day though! I did the snetterton 100 circuit and had a fantastic day!

As above. If you don't hit the limiter every now and then, you aren't driving the car properly. This forum is unique for its lack of trolls so please heed the advice on the road. Go for a spirited drive but don't race others.

Have a nosy in HERE and try something that doesnt involve being a tool on the highways and without risking your license first

Try something like THIS if you think youre ready for a race, see if you can beat mikelyr27 or jonesys times on the day

Last edited: