R888R Setup Advice

Afternoon all!

I've got a trackday on the 22nd at Snetterton, and will be putting my R888R's to use for the first time.

Does anyone have any experience with these tyres on track?

My current plan is to start at 24F / 25R, aiming for 29 hot.

Here is the table provided by Toyo:

1593777244020.png

My car is on Cup dampers and H&R springs, so a fairly stock setup.

Are you running much camber or stock?

Sounds about right, just go out and do a couple of laps, check pressures and adjust accordingly.

Are you running much camber or stock?

Sounds about right, just go out and do a couple of laps, check pressures and adjust accordingly.

Completely standard geometry wise. I'd love to get some adjustable top mounts / coilovers at some point, but for now the car is plenty of fun on track with the factory setup.

So you think 29 hot seems like a good target?

Completely standard geometry wise. I'd love to get some adjustable top mounts / coilovers at some point, but for now the car is plenty of fun on track with the factory setup.

So you think 29 hot seems like a good target?
Yeah it’s plenty enjoyable.. depends how warm the day is which also affect tyres.

Yeah 29/30 seems right for hot temps.

I see a lot of cars run too low a pressure on track, because the internet "told them to".
I would very much advise going out at 30, do two laps then come in and adjust them down to what you want. Snetterton has some long, fast corners and Coram and the like will just take the shoulder off your tyre if you run too low. I would suggest you would be looking at in the 32 area for the front.
I wrote some general tyre advice here because the questions keep coming up all over.

Reactions: peter

Similar Thread Suggestions