R27 number

i just searched every bit of plastic in my car and cant find any holes :@ and y wud they remove the plate anyway?? not happy :@

what did you pay for the car and did they say it was an r27? and did they write on any off the paperwork that it was a r27 coz if they did you could confront them with it and most proberly get some money back or something?

what did you pay for the car and did they say it was an r27? and did they write on any off the paperwork that it was a r27 coz if they did you could confront them with it and most proberly get some money back or something?

i paid 11,995 and yes they said it was a R27. there was a black 197 for 10,995 but they convinced me that my car was the better option...the more i think about it the more foolish i feel. I'd need to check the paper work, but the electric window has stopped workin so I need to go back anyway. so il do a bit of double checking before i have a confrontation!

thanks for all the help!

sorry to hear man! in in SA we only have 27 R27's :worried: and we only had in Balck, Yellow and Red...
Best of luck getting this sorted! I cannot believe a dealer ripped you off!!! WTF :worried:

its a bit bad they told you it was an R27, ( wrong/naughty ). :@

but you still have the best colour and a great spec for a 197, you can now call it a FULL FAT version (i think). :thumbup1:

let us know how you get on at the stealers.

Did they call it a 197 R27 or 197 F1.?
I've seen a few adverts with F1 in the listing.

Im really sorry if they have misled you its completely not fair on you. If they have sold it to you as an R27 or even an F1 then technically its illegal and breaking the trade descriptions act. Your best bet is to check your paperwork and see what that says, but also when you got insurance for it what did it say then - I only ask because when I get mine it says R27/F1 team edition.

I would be straight back round to the dealers and asking them to explain themselves.

The plaque should be in between the two front seats just to the right of the handbrake.

P1020268.jpg

id be steaming!!! how can a dealer make such a stoopid mistake dont forget will also hurt it's re-sale value R27's tend to fetch more

omg I am steaming for you! Id be kicking off in a big way mate.

Telling you the car is an R27 when it isnt is one thing, but telling you its an R27 so therefore a better car than the one for a grand less is criminal.

I hope you go back to the garage and stamp your feet mate.

Joke

omg I am steaming for you! Id be kicking off in a big way mate.

Telling you the car is an R27 when it isnt is one thing, but telling you its an R27 so therefore a better car than the one for a grand less is criminal.

I hope you go back to the garage and stamp your feet mate.

Joke

unless they can provide evidence that it actually is i definately will be goin back and il be making a scene! I was told it was a limited edition etc and how it was the better option even though i was thinking of the 197 in black. dont get me wrong I still love my car but it is the principal lol

This is utterly outrageous!! If you'd bought the car from some dodgy geezer wearing a sheepskin coat with coloured buntins fluttering above his used car lot then I could understand a genuine mistake being made. But a Renault dealer!?! How could they not know that an R27 F1 Team was a strictly limited edition and each car was clearly marked as such with a riveted metal plaque....

I would demand either (i) a full refund if you really want an R27 F1 Team, (ii) financial compensation or (iii) a stonking deal on their black RS197 that you were eyeing up. If they refuse then get on the phone to Trading Standards...they don't have a leg to stand on!!

I once saw someone trying to pass a dodgy Impreza off as a P1 (which was also a strict limited run from Prodrive). But that was some pillock on ebay who must have hoped for a miracle....

Good luck sorting this out.....

i really hope you get this sorted. i would be FUMING!!! go back in there and kick his arse. or something to that effect :smile:

to put my mind at ease, what would be the defining features between a 197 and a cup, just so I know what Im talking about when I head down on monday for the CONFRONTATION

Last edited:
Sorry to hear about this mate, The difference between a cup and 197 ff {full fat} is
The cup has the standard interior, plastic dash etc. See below {ignore carbon strips i done that}
js800__MG_8017.gif
Cup chassis comes as standard
AC is an optional extra
Should say cup on the door pillar {early cup's did'nt have this i beleive}
Standard headlights only available

looking at your pics yours doesnt look like a cup. no plastic strip down the side, black plastic bit on door between windows instead of painted. looks like you've been sold a ff 197 with cup pack as extra, what year is yours registered?

2007, i dont think it is a cup either to be perfectly honest! i think i was properly had by the dealer. To be fair the guy selling it was about 18, but its a renault dealer, the biggest in Northern ireland so you think they should be trust worthy! if the dash has a silver strip rather than black and the surround of the dials and etc is silver does that mean anythin. Im goin 2 demand some compensation...perhaps a cup spolier or something like that for free??

Silver strips And trim don't mean alot.
cup has a section of the dash inserted where the passenger airbag is.
The FF has a smooth soft touch dash that actually rips when the passenger airbag goes off.

Silver strips And trim don't mean alot.
cup has a section of the dash inserted where the passenger airbag is.
The FF has a smooth soft touch dash that actually rips when the passenger airbag goes off.

so basically i was sold a 197 (with extras) and told it was a limited edition. They knew I was more interested in the black 197 which was cheaper but i was encouraged to buy the racing blue 197! :@ could be worse....i nearly got a corsa VXR!

I think renault owe me an explanation....but im still happy with the car. Ive wanted a 197 for a while now so maybe in future I should do a bit of research!

Thanks for all the help. Il keep you informed about how it goes on Monday :thumbup1:

Good luck getting it sorted Chris, to be honest I dont think you need any luck as they have clearly sold you the wrong model! If it was me i would be asking for the £1000 difference between the RB and the black one plus any other extras you can think of. Its not unreasonable at all!

If you dont get what you want tell them you're going to trading standards and im sure they will cough up quickly!

Good luck getting it sorted Chris, to be honest I dont think you need any luck as they have clearly sold you the wrong model! If it was me i would be asking for the £1000 difference between the RB and the black one plus any other extras you can think of. Its not unreasonable at all!

+1 :thumbup1::@

I agree with f1team! This is unlucky mate, hope you get everything sorted.

My mate had the same story not too long ago with a Renault dealer saying it was a 182 instead of a 172. As soon as you mention trading standards they fold.

Similar Thread Suggestions