197: Questions for Clio 197~

Hi all,
Last night, when I drive and have step on accelerator but the RPM is not rise the sound of the engine likes lack of power. This situation just continued about 2 or 3 seconds.

Today, I have check the car, those whole oil water level is normal.
But I find some oil arond the 3th and 4th spark.(As the image)

Image Link:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/87956124@N05/8049390079/

My questions are:
Did it leads to the RPM can't rising? Or some problem with cylinder head gasket?

How to fix it, and how much it will cost?

Thank you guys~

the oil will more than likely be leaking from the bolts on the rocker cover, easily repaired by removing a bolt at a time and smearing some silicon sealant around the base and refit. that should cure the leak. but weather thats cause for bad running, i dont know. could try removing the coil and spark plug and clean up, oil etc, but probably best getting it on diagnostics

i think its mentioned what torque settings people have used in a sticky thread about the fix

the oil will more than likely be leaking from the bolts on the rocker cover, easily repaired by removing a bolt at a time and smearing some silicon sealant around the base and refit. that should cure the leak. but weather thats cause for bad running, i dont know. could try removing the coil and spark plug and clean up, oil etc, but probably best getting it on diagnostics

Tanks a lot!

U mean removing the bolts from rocker cover?
What brand of silicon sealant is better?

Last edited:
I sometimes find when the clutch is in and you try to rev match (heel & toe) etc the rpm needle doesnt move..... Throttle response is perfect when gears are engaged but for some reason you have to hold the throttle down rather than punch it when using the heel and toe technique! Is this normal for these cars?

yes, just remove a bolt at a time, as these bolts hold the cam shafts in place under the cover, some high temp silicon sealant?