Question to 200 cup drivers.

Sounds fair, but aftermarket springs tend to settle over a matter of weeks, not months. I guess if you have all the right part numbers then I guess you have no choice other than to wait and see what happens.

Rich
Exactly ! Plus im gonna look crazy if I go back and kick up a stink when the parts have the right numbers and are the right length.... As crazy as this sounds it has settled and is now only a mm of the other cup I measured. Anyway, Im happy enough now to let it be and see how things go..... I may be putting kws on anyway !

Got car back from dealers today and it has defo got the cup pack on it. Had them check it out fully and cross match everything against cup parts. It 100 percent has the cup chassis. As for the difference in ride. The front shocks have been changed since the 200 came out. And are supposed to be better at low speeds for comfort. The part number has changed and have had verifaction from Renault about this. As for the slightly higher ride. The head mechanic at my dealer(who I know well and is not prone to bull**** me) said that they have the suspension has a tendancy to settle down after a few months and he has seen people worrying about this on cup cars before. They do a lot of work on Reanaultsports cars, so think his comments are fair. Thought id update people on what my findings were.

Sorry for my english but i don't understand all you have said.
Do you say that the new 200 cup on the market (i'm waiting for a Gordini) have different suspension from the first cup 200 of the last year? Better comfort at low speed. For me this would be gorgeous:wink:

Sorry for my english but i don't understand all you have said.
Do you say that the new 200 cup on the market (i'm waiting for a Gordini) have different suspension from the first cup 200 of the last year? Better comfort at low speed. For me this would be gorgeous:wink:
Ive been told by customer service, that the front shocks have changed from the 2009 model of 200. They are supposed to be better. This is what ive been told. All i can say, is when pushed... my car handles amazing.... but when tootling along at 20mph... the ride aint as rocky. Now as always, I take what car companies say with a pinch of salt and also that of the dealers. But this much is fact.....my new 200 has different front shocks to my first. But my current 200 does have cup suspension (ive seen this with my own eyes). Make from that what you will !!! I to am bad at english.....I come from near Burnley !

Ive been told by customer service, that the front shocks have changed from the 2009 model of 200. They are supposed to be better. This is what ive been told. All i can say, is when pushed... my car handles amazing.... but when tootling along at 20mph... the ride aint as rocky. Now as always, I take what car companies say with a pinch of salt and also that of the dealers. But this much is fact.....my new 200 has different front shocks to my first. But my current 200 does have cup suspension (ive seen this with my own eyes). Make from that what you will !!! I to am bad at english.....I come from near Burnley !

Ok now I have understand more...:wink:
So you had a Clio RS 200 cup model model year 2009 and now you have bought a new one also cup . This one at low speed is firm but not so harsh and ride astonishing as the old cup.....
Have you some news about this story? It's very interesting:wink:

Last edited: