Question to 200 cup drivers.

After checking my car against another 200 cup, I've noticed my car is sitting around 7mm higher. Both cars were unladen and measured at the same point on each car on a level surface. Measured at the front and back, from floor to bottom off cill in wheel arch (if that makes sense) Having had another 200 cup noticed that this new one was softer and seemed somehow a touch higher when I looked at it. Will be going back the dealer on monday. Has anyone else noticed this problem? Anyone have the measurments from road to underside of cill?
I seriously dont want to seem like an crazy, but when you know summats different and not right.... you know !

Sounds like it may have standard suspension rather than Cup - 7mm just happens to be the claimed ride height diff between the two - this plus your impression that it's softer...

Don't know how else you can tell whether it's cup or not?

Sounds like it may have standard suspension rather than Cup - 7mm just happens to be the claimed ride height diff between the two - this plus your impression that it's softer...

Don't know how else you can tell whether it's cup or not?

Yeah, its around the 7mm mark. Well a little over tbh. Me mad if they had actually cocked up the suspension, as this car is a 200cup and not a FF 200 with cup suspension.

Tailslide what the distance between the top of ya tire to the wheel arch as I got a 200 cup and want to no if mine has the same :s

Tailslide what the distance between the top of ya tire to the wheel arch as I got a 200 cup and want to no if mine has the same :s
I will go and measure. Will measure top of wheel to wheel arch and road to underside of cill where it meets the start of the arch. Measurement will be of the car with no load and on a level surface. Got about a quarter of a tank of fuel, which im sure will alter the height a little.

Ok here goes !!! wheel to wheel arch is 75mm
Road to underside of cill is 200mm. These are measured at the rear of car. So real wheel and rear part of the cill. Measurments were same on both sides !!! Even got odd an odd look from a dog walker !

Ok well mine is -

Wheel to wheel arch, approx 55mm
Tarmac to underside of sill, 200mm

These are almost identical on both sides, and car has roughly a quarter of a tank of fuel in.

Road isn't 100% level, but it's pretty close.

Should measure from centre of wheel to the arch for more accurate measurement

Was gonna say I did this.
Thanks Daz. Looks like our cill height is similar but the wheel arch size is well out !!! Im gonna check mine again. I took the biggest size as the true size, due to the arch being circular causing the measurment to get smaller the further away from the centre of the tyre you are.

Yep. I was a little out with mine. Wheel to wheel arch is around 63. Putting my glasses and not being a lazy bugger and actually bending down helped !! Also the cill size is around 202.
So Im even more confused now !!!! Its going into the dealers tomorrow anyway and I've already pointed out my concerns over the shocks being softer and it seeming higher than a cup car. So they are gonna check the shocks match the part number for the 200cup. I swear im not normally so ocd about things, but you know when you just have a feeling thats summat is just not right. Well thats the feeling I have about this. Of course I could be totally wrong :smile:

We could always meet up and compare cars Mark?

You could have a ride in mine to see if it feels firmer than yours?

Is it worth whipping a wheel off and having a look at the dampers & springs? I'd have thought there'd be some markings on them which will denote if they're cup or normal??

Got car back from dealers today and it has defo got the cup pack on it. Had them check it out fully and cross match everything against cup parts. It 100 percent has the cup chassis. As for the difference in ride. The front shocks have been changed since the 200 came out. And are supposed to be better at low speeds for comfort. The part number has changed and have had verifaction from Renault about this. As for the slightly higher ride. The head mechanic at my dealer(who I know well and is not prone to bull**** me) said that they have the suspension has a tendancy to settle down after a few months and he has seen people worrying about this on cup cars before. They do a lot of work on Reanaultsports cars, so think his comments are fair. Thought id update people on what my findings were.

Sounds fair, but aftermarket springs tend to settle over a matter of weeks, not months. I guess if you have all the right part numbers then I guess you have no choice other than to wait and see what happens.

Rich