200: Problem with alarm/unlocking

Hi guys after some advice/knowledge

Played footy the other night and parked up dead-locked car went an played an came back to car and it wouldn't open on the card or by hovering hand behind handle.only had car a short period so I used the emergency to get in passenger side and alarm was going mad.

Now the best bit.i couldn't get in drivers side from inside or outside I had to climb over then how do I turn the alarm off??? I put the emergency key back in card and and then in the card slot and I think by chance after about 3 minutes and three more alarm sequences it stopped but drivers side was still deadlocked it opened when I got home though.

I left my Astra keys and iPhone inside also.

Was this the prob the handbook points to it.

Thanks in advance.! Graeme ( Clio newb )

Yeh change the battery! I know the warning light on the dash didn't 'warn' me but I changed it anyway! Now it's spot on!! (Touch wood)

Yeh no warning light lads think I will change it though for peace of mind.it well pissed me off though.

Is it a c 2032 battery? And do I sync it or anything?

Still aint changed battery and its been fine since anybody think it could be interference off my iPhone or other car keys left in? The book says this to.

yes most likely

Were there any power lines overhead at the time, sometimes this can cause gremlins. Happened to my wife once where she couldn't get in her car with the fob (only emergency key). BMW Assist came out and said power lines can sometimes interfere with car's systems. It was fine at home.

When the battery is on the way out its does cause intermitted problems, changing the battery is the cheapest place to start

Yeh some time mine worked for days then it would play up again! I'm sure I read in the user book thing that there's a light in the dash to warn you

Yeh it says in the book that there is a light to warn you but I ain't seen anything I will pick a battery up from the supermarket an stick it in.

I just couldn't de-activate the alarm tho so how do I go about this? Doesn't tell you in book either.
Eventually the push start button lit up so I started it and it went off.