Clio 197 alarm problems

Hello everyone I'm new to this so please be patient with me, I've had my 197 about a year now had no problems with it until a couple of weeks ago, got in the car fine no problems pressed the start button and the alarm goes off only seems to do it when it's left for a long period of time 6hrs + tried changing the battery on both the car and key fob but still does it, does anyone have any idea what it could be thanks

Hello everyone I'm new to this so please be patient with me, I've had my 197 about a year now had no problems with it until a couple of weeks ago, got in the car fine no problems pressed the start button and the alarm goes off only seems to do it when it's left for a long period of time 6hrs + tried changing the battery on both the car and key fob but still does it, does anyone have any idea what it could be thanks

Quick update last night when I was driving the hazards came on by themselves and this morning when I came out to the car they where going off again does anyone have any idea what this could be any help would be appreciated

Hello mate just checked and the passenger foot well is full of water so not too happy :worried: but think you are right thanks for your help

Doh - my car alarm wet off at the weekend when I got in it...

Looks like I know what im doing at the weekend!

Cleaning the drainage holes is such an easy job even for the non-mechanics like myself.

Had it all stripped down, cleaned out and back together within about an hour thanks to the guide on this site :smile: well worth taking the time to do it.

Cleaning the drainage holes is such an easy job even for the non-mechanics like myself.

Had it all stripped down, cleaned out and back together within about an hour thanks to the guide on this site :smile: well worth taking the time to do it.

Ha ha - all well and good if you can get the wipers off - tried once armed with a hammer, oil and screwdriver for half hour and failed.

LOl next time will dig out the jimmy bar :chair:

Ha ha - all well and good if you can get the wipers off - tried once armed with a hammer, oil and screwdriver for half hour and failed.

LOl next time will dig out the jimmy bar :chair:

I'm having the same problem, tried a few times to get the wipers off and still had no luck. Was just about to post for suggestions as it seems to be a pretty important thing to do.

Sorry to hear that :/ Let it all dry, clear the drains and see if that fixes the problem. I now know what i'll be doing on the weekend. Try a bit of wd40 if the wipers don't budge and grease the splines too afterwards.

I'm having the same problem, tried a few times to get the wipers off and still had no luck. Was just about to post for suggestions as it seems to be a pretty important thing to do.

There's a knack to getting the wiper arms off. You have to press down near the end where it's attached to the car, and lift from the other end. It's like you need to level it out/take the tension off the arm, before it will lift off the 'pin' - once you've done one, the second is really easy. There's like a spring I think on the underside of the wiper arm that holds the tension - release the tension by pressing down/lifting up, and it just lifts off.

Sorry to hear that :/ Let it all dry, clear the drains and see if that fixes the problem. I now know what i'll be doing on the weekend. Try a bit of wd40 if the wipers don't budge and grease the splines too afterwards.
Only the driver seat left in it,just plugged it all back together and it works no alarm no hazards so fingers crossed it's done the job but I'll have to use my car cover for the moment as the wipers are a real pain in the arse to get off

Hopefully it'll sort itself out now that the water has a chance to dry out. In the mean time, you could try and stick a wire hanger down the drains if you can see them through the scuttle panel. I remember reading a thread where an owner had done this.

Hopefully it'll sort itself out now that the water has a chance to dry out. In the mean time, you could try and stick a wire hanger down the drains if you can see them through the scuttle panel. I remember reading a thread where an owner had done this.
Managed to get the wipers off and unblock the drain so hopefully problem solved, is there only a drain on the passenger side can't find any others?

Chances are you'll need a new loom for the alarm. Because this happens...

1922794_10153803746745150_1299768141_n.jpg1903315_10153803746755150_1365975675_n.jpg

It's about £250. But the agg is you have to pretty much strip out the whole interior of the car to do it.

With the wiper arm I found pressing on the bit the bends and jiggling it (so repeatedly pressing it) worked it lose. Mine were properly seized on and I cracked my windscreen trying to lever them off before finding that trick :d

I think by the time it starts effecting your electrics it can be too late to prevent an out laying of cash for something.