private plate

Thinking getting private plate for my clio 197. Never had one but it is easy to do or I have to do many paper work or they do it in automatic?

Help will be great.

Giles

It's easy enough to do once you buy the plate fill in a form from the dvla send it off with reg docs and mot if applicable comes back to you in about 3/4 weeks take the letter to a place that makes plates. Pop plates and tax disc on the car phone insurance and that's you done xx

that 3/4 weeks is not up to 10 days. i bought mine through the dlva them selves, cost me £250 with everyting included, and came with 3 free years retention.
Only problem you have now, is waiting 10 days or so to swap your private plate to a new car youve bought etc... that along costs £80

Must have changed then last one I did a few months ago I didn't need pay a fee for as it was included on the plate being on retention and took 3 weeks to arrive back from sending it off to the dvla. Only fee I had to pay apart from buying the plate off the dvla was £17 admin charge to the insurance company xx

When I got mine I'm 100% it included the first registration.

I just gave the docs to the dealer and they registered the car on that plate.

They didn't ask me for any money and it was done after I purchased the car and still awaiting the build.

That was 2010 though.

Isn't it around £100 each time you put it on a different car, I'll I can add is if you (like me) swap cars regular then consider that as well, I'm up to around 1.5k on moving my plate from car to car!

and with that post funny enough I'll be doing it again very soon!

It's £105 to put the plate onto retention if you do a cherish transfer it's £80
Haha yes I know that feeling I've moved one of our plates 3 times last year lol xx