Price evaluation - RS-200 Black Cup

197JST

Gold Member
Good afternoon all,

As the headline suggests Im really look for some feedback on what your thoughts on value would be on my RS-200 Black Cup chassis with Recaro sports seats.

Ive been the owner since 2017 with around 83k on the clock, It came with service history and had the cam belt done within the original purchase.

Its now at 109,090 miles Ive only done 5,600 miles in the last 3 years due to covid, and Ive SORN it due to not doing as many miles as I used to, when I was using as my daily runner.

I start it up weekly and get the engine up to temperature.

The work Ive carried out since ownership.

This was mainly during lockdown as well, so very few miles driven on the new parts
Up dated the suspension - Cup dampers - Eibach lowering springs all round

Front Brembo Disc's
Rear genuine Brembo Disc's
Ferrodo Pads on both front and rear.

ABS sensors on rear both sides

Drainage on front sills both cleared and clean

Steering wheel refurbished - Leather - alcantara combination

2 original new headlamp consoles

Cup speedspeedline 8j wheels in Michelin S 4 All round. I still have the original wheels (was going to get refurbished) in Goodyear tyres, 2 very good tread, 2 not far from limit but still good condition.

I have the Cup airbox which is still in its original packaging boxed and never used.

Also I have a spare bonnet as I was going to respray the original bonnet but haven't got round to it yet.

Recaro seats on the drivers side does have the worn bolsters mid and lower sections.

Its does have service history which I maintained during my ownership, since lock down I have carried out my own oil change though as I didn't feel it needed a full service as Its always been carried out and does drive very well indeed. No issues with gearbox, its always performed as expected

I cant think of anything else for now, but I just wanted to put this out there, as Im considering a different car and thinking on value as a part ex.

Many thanks for getting to the end of this message and if you get this far Id appreciate your feed back.

Here are some pics can add more if needed.

Attachments

• IMG_7473.jpeg
    IMG_7473.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 47
  • IMG_6346.jpeg
    IMG_6346.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 46
  • IMG_3263.jpeg
    IMG_3263.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 45
  • IMG_3260.jpeg
    IMG_3260.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 38
  • IMG_3255.jpeg
    IMG_3255.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 39
  • IMG_3058.png
    IMG_3058.png
    10.5 MB · Views: 39
  • IMG_2940.jpeg
    IMG_2940.jpeg
    3.5 MB · Views: 38
  • IMG_2941.jpeg
    IMG_2941.jpeg
    3.6 MB · Views: 39
  • IMG_2763.png
    IMG_2763.png
    8 MB · Views: 42
  • IMG_1758.jpeg
    IMG_1758.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 42
  • IMG_1754.jpeg
    IMG_1754.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 36
  • IMG_1728.jpeg
    IMG_1728.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 36
  • IMG_1636.jpeg
    IMG_1636.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 34
  • IMG_1630.jpeg
    IMG_1630.jpeg
    566 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_1597.jpeg
    IMG_1597.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 33
  • IMG_1587.jpeg
    IMG_1587.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 33
  • IMG_1574.jpeg
    IMG_1574.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 36
  • IMG_1562.jpeg
    IMG_1562.jpeg
    3.6 MB · Views: 35
  • IMG_1497.jpeg
    IMG_1497.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 33
  • IMG_1498.jpeg
    IMG_1498.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 30
  • IMG_1308.jpeg
    IMG_1308.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 29
  • IMG_1289.jpeg
    IMG_1289.jpeg
    3.7 MB · Views: 25
  • IMG_1243.jpeg
    IMG_1243.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 27
  • IMG_0868.jpeg
    IMG_0868.jpeg
    4.8 MB · Views: 27
Looks like a nice example, but I’d just price it depending what’s out on the market. Put it higher if you arnt in a rush and lower it if you need to sell.

Reactions: 197JST
So it needs belts and a service?
What's the gearbox like? Any history? Still original?

With the information and pics you've provided, I would say 4k.
It's a shame the seats are such a mess. I would put some money into it and get it absolutely mint personally. Tidy examples are demanding a good amount of recent.

The cam belt was done @ 83k back in 2017 & it’s on 109909 now. It’s does have service history with stamps in the log book to back it all up. A service would be due yes, I’ve got Valvoline ready to go along with oil filer, sump plug. Spark plugs were changed within the last service & I’ve only done 5k in the last 3 years.

Gearbox is original, I’ve never had any issue with it, I don’t have any history of any issue with it.
The seats are some thing I have considered doing, but debating on what to do now really. Would I gain much by getting the seats done?
I can find a local upholster & get them sorted & get a fresh MOT & see what offers come in, or put it up on autotrader.

Ok, so now it’s a matter of whether getting the belt done & then selling at a higher price or not getting the belts done & selling at a slightly less higher price, as the service history will reflect this. But either way with 12 months MOT.

& then get the seat side bolsters sorted & refurbing the original wheels,
& selling the cup speed lines separately or with the car.

Ok great, thanks for coming back to me & giving me some feedback.
I’ll update in the coming weeks once I’ve got a fresh MOT on it.

Quoted @ £280 to have the drivers seat reupholstered repair would be matching material & supporting foam on both lower & upper bolsters, making the interior close to mint.

Reactions: RSRowe
I used capital seating to do 6 blue dot Recaros and 1 set of yellow dots they have a good fabric match for the yellow dots the only problem I found was the yellow dots had been picked apart must have been to measure when I bought them and capital put them back together with the worn bolsters instead of replacing them the first time round so I would recommend writing on the parts to be fixed with chalk to avoid confusion. I think capital seating had a 5 week lead time The blue dots I managed to get the exact material from a 2008 Megane Sport non RS which saved a lot of money and a perfect match with age but capital replaced one main section which was very good I wish someone would make the whole outside and put the pattern material up the centre for a fixed price and better material.

Reactions: 197JST
I used capital seating to do 6 blue dot Recaros and 1 set of yellow dots they have a good fabric match for the yellow dots the only problem I found was the yellow dots had been picked apart must have been to measure when I bought them and capital put them back together with the worn bolsters instead of replacing them the first time round so I would recommend writing on the parts to be fixed with chalk to avoid confusion. I think capital seating had a 5 week lead time The blue dots I managed to get the exact material from a 2008 Megane Sport non RS which saved a lot of money and a perfect match with age but capital replaced one main section which was very good I wish someone would make the whole outside and put the pattern material up the centre for a fixed price and better material.
Ive contacted a couple of local upholsters to see what they come back with, I was hoping to turn it around soon ish really as Im looking to sell. Im going to take the seat out and take it to which one comes back with a sensible offer really and take it from there.

Are capital based in Rugby? Thats not to far really from me...

Similar Thread Suggestions