Powerfold mirror question....

Ryster

Paid Member
Just a quick one,

Does anybody elses powerfolds on their 200 seem really flimsy? Going over bumps etc they wobble all over the shop, they are not going anywhere but they do seem very 'bouncy'. Anyone else the same?

First one I've heard off but just a quick look of a brochure and it is an option :smile: but shouldn't be bouncy tried checking for damaged clips? Maybe someone has turned the mirror by hand instead of using the electrics

First one I've heard off but just a quick look of a brochure and it is an option :smile: but shouldn't be bouncy tried checking for damaged clips? Maybe someone has turned the mirror by hand instead of using the electrics

Is there any specific way of checking for clips or just have a good fidget with them? Dont want to break anything!

My 200 has power folding mirrors. When I first test drove it I noticed there is a lot of vibrations on the wing mirrors. The case doesn't move just the glass. Got used to it now and doesn't really bother me.

Don't have any experience with clio mirrors but my last car had to go on a certain way to work maybe yours has moved round also, I had an electrical fault on my old car which made the passenger mirror fold back towards the bonnet haha and it jumped the motor coupling thingy, I've got a workshop manual so will have a look and get back to you :smile:

My 200 has power folding mirrors. When I first test drove it I noticed there is a lot of vibrations on the wing mirrors. The case doesn't move just the glass. Got used to it now and doesn't really bother me.

This probably best describes the issue, lots of vibration. It looks like something Ill just have to get used to then :-(

Never noticed a problem with mine, have no issues even with my vibratech torque mount fitted May be I only care whats in front of me lol!

Just a quick one,

Does anybody elses powerfolds on their 200 seem really flimsy? Going over bumps etc they wobble all over the shop, they are not going anywhere but they do seem very 'bouncy'. Anyone else the same?

Yep had one replaced under warranty due to it, if its still in warranty take it to the dealer.

Right so, its still under warranty and I whizzed it into Renault very late this afternoon. Mech had it ten minutes and returned it. Apparently two retaining clips/nuts that attach the mirror unit to the base that then bolts onto the car had worked loose. All tightened up and now its solid, drove back and absolutely no bounce, vibration or play in them whatsoever. Happy I took them in, knew they were not quite right.

I quizzed the mech before leaving and he said its the first time he's seen it happen on a clio but happens quite a bit on the other Renaults with folding mirrors.

Anyway, all sorted. Thanks everyone for the input!

That's interesting as my drivers side certainly isn't as stable as the passenger one. I will have a look at that cure

I have to 200 cup version and don't have the folding mirrors, does anyone know if the wiring is there to hook my mirrors up to becoming folding?

Similar Thread Suggestions