Powerflex Gearbox Mounting Bush Insert-PFF60-525

Pav

hi guys

anyone knows how to fit this part and any benefits from doing so??
thanks

Been considering getting this one done myself - can't help with fitting, but interested in any differences you notice after fitting :smile:

Support the box with a jack, remove the battery and it's under a few plastic bits. Pretty straight forward

I've got the Powerflex lower dog bone insert and the upper torque bush mount on mine. Spot on, not too many vibrations once they settle in and a positive difference in the way the car drives, no more rocking from the engine when you go on/off throttle. I'm not sure I'd want to add any more as I use the car as a daily so wouldn't want to introduce too many cabin vibrations.

I have the same as mattb_197 and they are absolutely bang ok. Fitted myself using the guides on the how to section

I have the same as mattb_197 and they are absolutely bang ok. Fitted myself using the guides on the how to section

Yup same set up for me and it's brilliant - didn't fit myself though :001_unsure:

Still waiting to hear some solid feedback on the gearbox mount before deciding if it's worth fitting that too. Hopefully Pav will be the guinea pig :smiley:

hey, I'm from south Africa, ordered all the engine mounts and the gearbox mount, will have them delivered and fitted in the next 3 weeks. will give feedback when it's up and running.

hopefully it will not rattle the crap out of me but was forced to go this route due to oem costing twice the price for two mounts compared to getting all Powerflex mounts. we get priced raped in South Africa

I've got the Powerflex lower dog bone insert and the upper torque bush mount on mine. Spot on, not too many vibrations once they settle in and a positive difference in the way the car drives, no more rocking from the engine when you go on/off throttle. I'm not sure I'd want to add any more as I use the car as a daily so wouldn't want to introduce too many cabin vibrations.
thanks Matt..could you link me to those you have on pls??

good to hear :thumbsup:

Yup same set up for me and it's brilliant - didn't fit myself though :001_unsure:

Still waiting to hear some solid feedback on the gearbox mount before deciding if it's worth fitting that too. Hopefully Pav will be the guinea pig :smiley:

i probably will be :wink:

hey, I'm from south Africa, ordered all the engine mounts and the gearbox mount, will have them delivered and fitted in the next 3 weeks. will give feedback when it's up and running.

hopefully it will not rattle the crap out of me but was forced to go this route due to oem costing twice the price for two mounts compared to getting all Powerflex mounts. we get priced raped in South Africa

good,another feedback on the way..good stuff

on its own you'll barely notice any difference. The two mount inserts which you'll notice the biggest change with are the upper and lower engine mounts. I have both, and the torque mount, and the vibration was unbearable at first, to the point where I thought i'd ruined my car. I've had them for approx. 2k now and they're absolutely fine, sure there's more vibration and engine noise in the cabin at idle and a little louder at normal speeds but on the whole i'd definitely recommend them. Gearbox insert is next on the list.

I've fitted it and it was a bit of a pain to be honest the oem mount as pretty siezed onto the stud the gearbox mount bolts onto. I ended up jacking the car up sitting it on axle stands then placing a jack about 3inches bellow the gearbox and having to give the stud a good clump using a piece of wood (to protect the thread) and a lump hammer so the gearbox dropped and I could remove the mount easily. Once it's in your hands it's dead simple to fit the insert and refit the mount. I've got all 3 upper inserts and a vibratechnics lower stabiliser seems fairly worthwhile if you have all the others fitted already as surely having all the mounts the same stiffness is better than 3 stuff ones and one taking up all the slack.

My opinion is don't bother with the upper engine mount. It doesn't really change the feel of the car anymore than adding the upper torque arm and the lower engine mount, but it adds LOADS of vibration. I ran the upper engine mount for about 4000 miles, and eventually had it taken out as the vibration just took its toll. With the upper torque arm and lower engine mount, you really do only notice a difference in vibration when pulling off (very minimal revs/clutch only) - the instant you're moving it's fine. Also no real noticeable vibration at idle.

I have all 3 engine mounts and the gearbox mount fitted, and it's made a huge difference to the car. The gearbox feels much tighter and precise! Probably a combination of all the mounts together though. As David said the gearbox mount is a bit of a pig to fit though as the stud gets stuck, but a bit of persuasion and it will come out. Don't think the vibrations are too bad personally, I actually quite like it! Feels more like a race car haha!

I'm considering the two you have linked Matt. For those people that had them fitted at a garage - what sort of labour costs were involved please?

[MENTION=51111]jimmyd81[/MENTION] I had 20, 21, and 23 on the diagram fitted at the same time as my coilovers and toyosport mani, and was £330 all in, so the mounts on their own shouldn't be that much. The most time-intensive one to fit is the gearbox mount (22 on the diagram above) but the other 3 are relatively straight forward.

[MENTION=1918]Sean197[/MENTION] thanks a lot for that, much appreciated. I may even have a look at the How To guides if they're straightforward enough. Thanks again.

[MENTION=51111]jimmyd81[/MENTION] i have mine for sale at the mo if you intrested not hard to fit yourself thanks