Powerflex engine mounts.

As above.Has anybody fitted all three and actually been happy with them for day to day road use.Thanks in advance.

Mine is also a daily drive, I've had the upper engine mount installed for over a year, and will revert back to stock on next service.

I've got the lower dog bone mount and the torque arm bush. Spot on and it's what most recommend for that happy medium, I wouldn't like to add any more as there isn't really a need for road use. I've heard the upper mount and the gearbox mount can make it fairly harsh for day to day use.

The difference with the dog bone insert and torque arm bush is very noticeable, you can no longer feel the engine rocking under acceleration and lifting off the throttle. Plus it helps protect the manifold from cracking and/or the flexis failing due to less movement there which is an added bonus.

Vibration wise, at first it's noticeable but after a 500-1000 miles or so they settle in nicely. Don't notice it at all when driving, at idle it's only slightly more. Not enough to complain about!

Go for upper stabilizer and lower engine mount. Both perfectly fine for day-to-day use.

AVOID upper engine insert - this is the one that adds all the vibration. In my experience, after 6 months of having it installed, I removed it again as it got too much for day-to-day.

I'm also really pleased with my recent addition of the gearbox mount (also powerflex) - no additional vibration and car feels so tight to drive.

I've got all 3 engine mounts and gearbox mount on my car which I use as a daily. Made a huge improvement to the feel of the car, and the gearbox feels amazing. When I first put them on the vibrations were quite bad but I've done about 2k with them on now and they have settled down nicely and aren't bad at all now.

Everyone will have different opinions on what's too much vibration though that's the problem! I don't mind a bit more harshness, I think it makes the car feel a bit more raw and fun to drive but at the same time there is a limit to what I'd put up with. As said, the torque bush and lower insert are a good place to start. If you find you want to add the others at a later date then no harm. But I'd try those two first and see how you get on.

I have all 3 fitted minus the gearbox mount (not the dog bone insert) and at first I thought the same as most! What have I done! But after 1 half years and 8000 miles I don't have a problem with them.

Thanks everyone.Will start with torque arm and lower mount.Don't mind bit of vibration as long as it. Don't give me headache lol.Will the mounts make the car a bit more aggressive?

Just bought PFF60-525 gearbox insert. Will try that out too. This turbo conversion is going to be heavy on the mounts. :smiley:

Just bought PFF60-525 gearbox insert. Will try that out too. This turbo conversion is going to be heavy on the mounts. :smiley:

My thoughts on the gearbox mount are very positive so far :smile: if you've already got the upper stabilizer + lower mount there's no additional vibration. The biggest difference I can notice is on acceleration and lifting off - previously the car would knock/move a little if you hoofed it and then lifted off, with the gearbox mount it's perfectly steady/smooth.

I've got the upper one and the custom one that we made. It makes all the difference. Now with the turbo and the bigger exhaust manifold it will matter even more.

another vote for the gearbox mount..since fitted last Thursday my car drives much tighter..gear change much smoother..can only recommend..will see how it performs long term..

How hard is it to fit?
check this..
link

it was a bit of a pig tbh..right under the battery and the standard rubber wouldnt give up..had to give it a few proper whacks from underneath the car..used a long bar and hammer..a bit of wd-40..

Last edited:
I've got all three mounts installed.

Vibration is particularly bad when the weather is hot (we've had high 30s, and early 40s in Melbourne, this summer), and, even when it's cool, the steering wheel vibrates on idle, and the rear view mirror can be very blurred.

However, why on earth anyone would say "this is too much for everyday driving" is a complete mystery to me. I mean, what about the Clio's rock hard suspension (mine's a 200 Cup Trophee), noisy engine, notchy gearbox, and nasty plastic interior?

I am HAPPY that this car is less civilised than ever. If I wanted a smooth, quiet, comfy ride, I'd drive a Lexus.

Since I had the Powerflex engine mounts installed, my car is easier to live with than before... because it's even less like a boring Lexus.

Last edited:
High raptor have you done the turbo conversion yet and if so what did you put in Meg 250?
Still under construction (I have time only on weekends to work on the car).
I've made a turbo conversion (used our N/A engine, forged internals, custom made exhaust manifold, fuel system, HX35W turbo, SA ECU,...). Will post in my thread when all done.