POTM 'Theme' ideas and Feedback thread

Discussion in 'Photo Of The Month' started by Jimmy, Mar 13, 2018.

1. Marsch

Marsch

Car:
    Stealth Grey RS 200
    I let you delve in nebulosity. :wink:

2. ///M

///M Gold Member

Car:
    R27, ///M CS, Exige V6
    Clarity isn't your strong point I see. :wink:

3. nathan-burgess

nathan-burgess

Car:
    RS 197
    The set theme for 12 months could work, but at the same time not. For example, your out and about and end up on a beach in June, but beach theme isn't till August and the pics need to be new that month. It'll work if you have 12 set for the year and release details at beginning of each month as you do, that way no taking August's picture in June.

As for ideas, theres a few good ones above. How about:
    Sunrise
    Sunset
    Famous Landmarks
    Black & White effect
    Tunnels

Just a few to think about. :thumb:

Jimmy likes this.
  4. J9OWY

J9OWY Paid Member

Car:
    Clio 197 f1
    We used to play a forum game where it was a picture of your car next to..

And it be like next to a red phone box, or a war memorial, or a bench, then everyone went out to try get a picture next to the chosen subject.

OK it's not really a potm but for a theme or quest it's quite fun. And you should most of the time, get different pictures unless people just have there car next to a lot of random objects.

5. Cliosport-carl

Cliosport-carl Winner - POTM May 2017 Gold Member

Car:
    clio 197

back to the track day theme how about an exception on the rules only because i do track my car from one month to the next well try to and people might have tracked there car once or twice and people don't but this shouldn't stop us a track theme doesn't necessarily mean you driving down the cork screw at laguna. it could be the flags outside mallory or getting on 3 wheels round a roundabout somewhere (on a privet road) and when i said an exception to the rules maybe and just maybe an open timeline for the pics and when they where taken because i bet some people have tracked or been somewhere with an awesome pic for with the track in the back/fore ground but in the past.. just an idea and a little keeping with the (open for interpretation)

Jimmy likes this.
  6. Jimmy

Jimmy Good cop Administrator

Thanks again for the comments guys, all very much appreciated.

@Cliosport-carl You make a very good point about the trackday theme - relaxing the 'timeline' restrictions would make it a lot more accessible. It could well be that someone has a cracking photo from the one time they did a trackday, but because it was last year, it technically wouldn't be legit.... So yes, I agree that relaxing the time restriction for the Trackday month is a good idea.

The rules for the timeline is more to keep things fair - last month we had an entry that had actually been entered in a previous month's! What we want to avoid is people reusing old pictures - the whole idea is to encourage people to get out there and get their best photo in that month. Copy and pasting isn't really that fair on those who have made the effort. However for the trackday, we'll make an exception.

@///M Interesting again with the winner being excluded, if they make the choice of theme. VIN plate could well be on the menu if that was the case :smile::smile: Some months, the majority of the entries are from a small pool of members anyway, so we wouldn't want to dilute that even more by keeping someone out! I tells ya: this is harder than you think!!

@nathan-burgess You make a very good point about the set theme for each month/year - it could complicate things, especially when you have the timeline issue, as mentioned. So for now, we will stick to the theme being announced at the start of the month, and alternate it with a 'free for all'.

Thanks again everyone, I appreciate the time you've given to discussing this.

jamesgw200, Cliosport-carl and Beany like this.
  7. ///M

///M Gold Member

Car:
    R27, ///M CS, Exige V6
    @Jimmy yeah mate, I've had my time trying to organise things like this and it's NEVER straightforward or easy. I'm sure you'll get a workable solution out of it all though. And it's cool to see in public the efforts that the admin team go to in the background.

:thumb:

Jimmy likes this.