Possible 197 purchase

Evening all.

Unfortunately I find my self in the position where I'm awaiting a decision from my insurance company about the future of my A3 that sadly lost a fight with a pick up and van on the motorway. I've been told the initial assessment was 4.5k of damage so I find it highly unlikely they will repair it.

So, I've been thinking of next car purchases and that leads me onto the 197. I previously had a 182 before the A3 and have been longing for another RS for some time.

A quick search through adds has found this one up for sale a few miles from me.

a5ybybad.jpg

Has climate and xenons which are 2 options that I would ideally like. However, I notice it doesn't have red calipers. Does this mean no brembos?

Thanks

It'll have brembos, they all do.

They'll be silver or red when it's a cup or with cup pack.

Welcome mate. All 197's have brembos. Normally means it's not the cup chassis that's all. Not looking for recaros then? Lovely colour that :smile:

That kind of spec will be cheap! 5-6?

Dont rush it, Defo hold out for the right car.

I'd be pushing for around 5K with that mileage and lack of options

I'd be pushing for around 5K with that mileage and lack of options
I agree with this, circa 60k pushes the price right down and it being a non cup should make it that much cheaper.
I got an R27 with 42k for £7250, the Recaros where a must have and the wear isn't that bad and you can buy a replacement base if need be but the wear on mine is very minimal.

Its quite alike my RB 200 which also has the boring silver calipers. I'm looking to get mine painted RB like the car, to go against the black speedlines. It's an easy job getting them painted so don't worry about that when your buying! :smile:

In reply to some of the other comments, if it was a CUP it would be cheaper because they have naff all on! I ended up paying much more for my FF 200 than I would of had I chose the cup which was for sale down the road!

Don't be put off by mileage!

It it's looked after it'll be fine. My car has recently hit 70k and runs perfectly. as long as the servicing and general maintainence is kept on top of then there is nothing to worry about. Its JUST A CLIO!

Thanks guys.

That car has now sold.

My car has officially been written off and my payout was larger than expected some in also persuing some other avenues aswell as 197's.