Plugs

Legend@wheels

Gold Member
Every how much time you guys are replacing your plugs?
60 k km =renault's recommendation.
What about your personal prefers ,and why [emoji4] [emoji106]

Renault service schedule states 36k for plugs, so anything up to that is fine.

I usually change the oil once a year using genuine Renault ELF 5w-40 fully synth and a genuine oil filter, I don't do the mileage in a year or track the car so I don't see the point in doing it every 6 months.

The gear box oil is on my to do list as I've not done that yet. Technically not a service item but it's always good to put some fresh oil in there on an older car. Don't believe in the 'fill for life' that most manufactures state.

There is a proper service schedule here that's quite helpful.

Did you drive track days/some hard driving confitions too during that 12 months? How much miles you done by that time ?

no track days but it was exercised well at times - it used to do between 4-8000 miles - was a second car at first and then became only car...until I changed it

My car is coming upto 8 years old and still on original spark plugs, sure its based on mileage not age. Might be time to change them regardless now but car drives fine.

Oil is changed every year as per the service schedule, gearbox oil is changed every 2 years for my own peace of mind.

My car is coming upto 8 years old and still on original spark plugs, sure its based on mileage not age. Might be time to change them regardless now but car drives fine.

Oil is changed every year as per the service schedule, gearbox oil is changed every 2 years for my own peace of mind.

the real issue is with leaving them in a long time as they need to be changed at 36k is that they might be hard to remove - the thread is quite deep on them

My mate changed some plugs on his car a few weeks ago, looked like they hadn't been done since new. One of them ended up snapping in the block! - I'd say get some penetrant oil down the holes and let it soak in for a few hour before tackling them.

Similar Thread Suggestions