Please be careful when de icing

ashtons99

Gold Member
Over the last few days there have been at least 2 cars a day stolen in S.Yorks (and elsewhere in the country no doubt) while drivers have left them unattended, engine running to de ice.

There are clearly opportunists taking advantage of the practice........try explaining that to your insurance co.

Cheers for the reminder :smile:

Although I doubt they'll get far with 197/200s if the keys are in the drivers pockets :tongueout:

Once they stop they'll be screwed

I know what you mean....its a shame the car cant be locked by any means with the fob with the engine running

there's a car audio place at seven stars in wigan that can fit a kit that allows you to run you car with the door locked off your key foit's less than 200 sheets IIRC

For £30k you can buy a BMW that will allow you to program what time you want the car to demist before you leave the house!!!!!

For £30k you can buy a BMW that will allow you to program what time you want the car to demist before you leave the house!!!!!

Theifs don't need keys to steel your BMW though. The amount of thefts of new BMW's and no keys is unreal.

Never get how people just leave cars to 'warm up'. I start mine up, scrape the ice off and off I go! If you get your car stolen while warming it up then your a retard!

and thiefs dont need a key to take it :eek:

if your daft enough to leave it running with the keys in it.....then sorry you are asking for trouble simple as :poke:

There were 5 cars (all VWs though that's prob just a coincidence) stolen in Belfast last week that were left to 'warm up'. I honestly don't see why people do this. I go out, start car, scrape ice of windows, get in and drive off.

I can see the phone call to the insurance company now.

Idiot: I'd like to report my car stolen.
Insurance company: OK Sir/Ma'am how did this happen?
Idiot: Well it was a little bit cold and I didn't wasn't to sit in my cold car for one second longer than necessary so I started the car and left it running with the keys in the ignition as I went into my nice warm house and when I came back out it was gone.
Insurance company: I'm sorry sir/ma'am you are quite clearly an idiot if you think we are going to pay out on that. Thank you for your money and please don't bother use again with this matter.

One thing ive noticed is the 350z warms up in about 2 minutes melting all ice. Love the v6 engine... Pitty i got stuck in the snow :worried:

Engine on, grab a can of de-icer, spray over windscreen, jump in, drive off

De-icer is the best invention ever, can't believe I hadn't used it before last winter

Lump;360654 Never get how people just leave cars to 'warm up'. I start mine up said:
If you get your car stolen while warming it up then your a retard![/B]

Yep, if you leave your keys in your ignition and your car unattended it deserves to get knicked, your a moron.

if your daft enough to leave it running with the keys in it.....then sorry you are asking for trouble simple as :poke:

The underlying issue here is that drivers are leaving cars unattended.....the ice is irrelevant.

You'd have to be pretty stupid to leave your P&J unnattended.

I've been having to sit in mine while it defrosts this week, the inside of the screen has been icing up.

Engine on, grab a can of de-icer, spray over windscreen, jump in, drive off

De-icer is the best invention ever, can't believe I hadn't used it before last winter

Fan heater + extension lead + RCD plug. Pop it in 15 min before you want to leave. Job done.

You'd have to be pretty stupid to leave your P&J unnattended.

I've been having to sit in mine while it defrosts this week, the inside of the screen has been icing up.

using and getting it out of the garage is even better :cloud9: