Pics of tweeter grilles required!

Hey :jumpon:

I am going to attempt to remove my tweeter grilles without breaking them, to do so i'd like some pics of the backs of them so that i can work out exactly how they're clipped on and hopefully devise a good method to remove them.

Otherwise, does anyone have a diagram of where the screws are that hold the top of the dash on? And i'll just take the dash apart :rofl:

Cheers

Alex

Hey :jumpon:

I am going to attempt to remove my tweeter grilles without breaking them, to do so i'd like some pics of the backs of them so that i can work out exactly how they're clipped on and hopefully devise a good method to remove them.

Otherwise, does anyone have a diagram of where the screws are that hold the top of the dash on? And i'll just take the dash apart :rofl:

Cheers

Alex

I just popped mine of with a flat head screwdriver, put some cloth around the edge so you don't scratch the dash first though. Ive got some alpine tweeters for the front but haven't replaced them yet. Let me know if you think the swap is pretty simple because it looked to me like the tweeter casing would have to be damaged to remove the factory speakers!

On my 182 which uses the same tweeter fitment, i cut the standard tweeters out and glued the focal tweeters into the surrounds so that they clipped in the standard position, the problem with that is that you need to run new wiring from the tweeters to the crossovers as the standard wiring just links the tweeters straight to the head unit output. I don't know exactly where the wiring splits, couldn't find it so splicing in isn't all that simple. I bought the pioneer custom fit stuff as it's designed to plug straight in and has the crossovers built into the tweeters, albeit a basic CR circuit, they clip and plug straight in so can't go too wrong fitment wise.

Damn these tweeter grilles are EVIL!

The tweeter is clipped onto the grille and stops the grille from unclipping from the dash, realistically the correct way to remove them is to take the dash top off, take the tweeters out of the grille then fit the new tweeters into the grilles.

Also my 200 cup had dummy tweeters in, no real tweeters!!! So the main woofers were full range! Thankfully the wiring is there for the tweeters, just hoping that they are connected to the stereo loom.

Anyway i will be finishing the fitment of the audio setup shortly and will post pics up :smile: