Petrol cost.

been trying to see how far £50 can take me, on the 2nd fillup. First one was over the christmas spell, got 260 miles for £50 - averaged about 25mpg.

Now on the 2nd fill up im driving like a woofter to see what i can get to the gallon and after the first 60 miles im at 30mpg.

big difference but still jobby. :thumb1:

I basically allow myself £30 a week at the most of petrol. So I make sure that I dont drive stupidly (Im currently averaging over 31mpg - granddad driving ftw) and I keep my mileage down.

I probably do about 150 miles per week on average, and the £30 of petrol usually lasts me more than a week. Whilst I havent been at Uni over Christmas, that amount has been lasting well over 2 weeks as I havent had any long drives.

I've been driving it in 5th from anything a little over 30 this last week and it's kept above 25mpg for once, all short trips/town driving.

Silly thing is I can hoon around for an afternoon on country roads with it beeping at me like a pre watershed south park episode yet I'd end up getting near 30mpg.

I haven't filled mine up since just before Christmas, so I am wondering what the bill is going to be when I do...I normally spend about £150 per month, but I suspect that's going up to £200 at least...hey ho..

I do a little more than 20 miles per week, so a tank lasts me 3 months. I'm lucky that I can cycle to work, saves quite a bit!

Was it a 182 time machine!? Petrols not been 59p since 1997! it was about 78p when the 182 came out in 2004.

Depends where you live, oh and it was a proper time machine! got me from a to b in no time lol

Usually twice a week. I've given up bothering about cost of fuel lol.

How do you get mpg for current run on the dash?

I can only seem to get mpg since I got the car from new (26.4)

Filled my tank today for the first time in weeks today. They had run out of Tesco Value petrol so had to pay £1.35p a litre for Finest petrol :worried:

wow how are you managing 30mpg. i know most of our journies are short, but he tried sunday driving last week, on a 16 mile run and we have got the mileage up to 24.5 (reset at 1000 miles) currently 1580.

we off to france this summer and works out about £14 for every mpg over or under 25mpg.

so how do you have to drive to get 30mpg.

before anyone moans i know we didnt buy KAT as a economical car but when you think a dreamy 32mpg (suggested) at £1.09 when we got her and 24 @ 124.9 asda or 129.9 tesco it makes a lot of difference

wow how are you managing 30mpg. i know most of our journies are short, but he tried sunday driving last week, on a 16 mile run and we have got the mileage up to 24.5 (reset at 1000 miles) currently 1580.

we off to france this summer and works out about £14 for every mpg over or under 25mpg.

so how do you have to drive to get 30mpg.

before anyone moans i know we didnt buy KAT as a economical car but when you think a dreamy 32mpg (suggested) at £1.09 when we got her and 24 @ 124.9 asda or 129.9 tesco it makes a lot of difference

I don't have to try to get ~30mpg, in fact I'm quite impressed that since I reset the clock about 1500 miles ago, mines on 29.4mpg.

The time I reset it before this, I actually averaged 35mpg on a 300 mile round trip.

Not sure if the Momentum 99 stuff makes any difference to this, but I'm quite happy with the economy I get out of mine, and I certainly don't hang around! :smile:

I have been getting 21.5 mpg out of mine, which is shocking. A combination of short trips and a good old fashioned thrashing does the trick! Paid £1.36 a litre for V-Power last night.

Is this right that there is another duty rise of 2p per litre in April???? I will do my NUT in if it is true!

Love it! Lol! There was something on tele last week saying how the government were considering putting on a stabilizer after the next increase, so if the price of oil goes up, the government take the hit on the duty. But then it works he other way too, if the price of oil goes down, their pockets get heavier. My guess is that they know it's going to come down! Lol!

Also, a mate of mine was saying that the ACTUAL cost of a litre of fuel is something like 48p, with the rest being duty!