Performance Friction Pads

I bought some (barely) used Performance Friction pads earlier in the week from eBay - only cost me £30 so I thought I might as well!

a73a7e99ad5f759e3fafe362cd9e61a6_zps0f229721.jpg

Fitted them a few days ago, but because of the rain and my broken springs (!!!) they've only just bedded in. What a difference!!! The cold performance is about on par with the standard pads, but once there's a bit of heat in them they are phenomenal!

I can't give the clio a good run around at the moment because both my front springs have snapped at the base so I'll have to wait until next week before I can test properly on track.

497497cf5b379006fbaeeb2a2a6645e0_zps4e968a42.jpg

You can see the wear on the second coil up where the spring has been rubbing against itself due to the break.

Whats the code on your pads? He was selling 2 type of PF Pads - i bought the 7743.93.18.08 thats if they are in the right box! i googled the code and they cost like £300-400 !
Ive got DS2500 currently but bought these for trackdays

Whats the code on your pads? He was selling 2 type of PF Pads - i bought the 7743.93.18.08 thats if they are in the right box! i googled the code and they cost like £300-400 !
Ive got DS2500 currently but bought these for trackdays

I bought the other ones. Ending in 6.44 or something like that!

Not too bothered if they eat discs... Any excuse to uprate them!

I was looking at these, think they're 97 compound.

I almost bought a brand new set a few weeks back after weeks of reading reviews. They're meant to be superb pads and very popular with race teams, downsides apparently their performance isn't as good once 50% worn and also very noisy with street driving.

Still, superb pads for that money!

I was looking at these, think they're 97 compound.

I almost bought a brand new set a few weeks back after weeks of reading reviews. They're meant to be superb pads and very popular with race teams, downsides apparently their performance isn't as good once 50% worn and also very noisy with street driving.

Still, superb pads for that money!

I have to say, after the initial bed in period, that these are almost as quiet as OEM. Nothing intrusive at all, not even any squeal. Just superb!

Will update when I've passed 50% use!

A lot of people seemed to say they were quiet after bed in but after a few weeks of road driving they start to squeal, it's the only reason I didn't go for them. But, fingers crossed for you, keep us updated!