People moving on from clio

There were two reasons for me changing:

1. Motorway driving in the Clio wasn't a favourite and with me doing more of it this might become an issue for me.
2. The main reason was a very notchy gearbox and the cars warranty about to end. I know RUK help out if it goes outside of warranty, but at every service I had raised the issue with the dealers and they couldn't find a fault. This wasn't just the characteristic 'notchy' feel, you just couldn't get any gear some days when starting from cold and this had got worse over a period of time. I wasn't prepared to wait for it to fail and then argue the toss over who should pay for the repair so the car went.

Shame really as I would've kept it otherwise. I may still get another one in the future so long as its gearbox has been fixed!

Got ride of mine as said before, motorway driving wasn't the best especially on h+r springs with cup dampers, and also as above the gearbox didn't feel like it had much left also was unlucky with constant failures like fuel pump,engine and steering rack :worried:

I missed the Clio at first but not so much now certainly don't miss the mpg to power ratio get the same now in the vxr

But still will own one when their cheap like the 1*2s as a track beast

Given the financial climate, No big commitments for me. Continue to mod this until the dust rises a little. All other spare money aside is being spent getting daughter through Uni.....

dont think mine will be going anytime soon...only done 34k so plenty of life left in it :eek:

I owned a Clio 1.2 Campus Sport then moved onto a Black R27 for just over 3 years.. My original plan was a Golf GTi, Focus RS or Meg RS.

Golf - Decided against as they were a bit too pricey.
Focus - There are about 15 RS's in my town so i didn't want to be the same.
Meg - Just reminds me of the Astra VXR too much and fancied something different.

Had no intentions of buying a MINI but saw a great deal on a Cooper S even though i would have prefered a JCW.. Bought it, did 1200 miles in 6 days. Loved the MINI and running costs but hated the Cooper S itself so traded it in for a JCW and can't complain!

Reasons for selling? 3 years of R27 and 6 years of Clio i needed a change. Wanted better fuel consumption and cheaper tax since i was only doing running around mileage and also getting in and out of the Recaros was becoming irritating. The JCW has cheaper tax, better to get in and out of, faster and far better consumption so i'm happy!

soon as GTR's are around 25k then i would think about moving on.

When I looked you couldn't get a good one for much under 40k

Looked at a couple of 3 year old ones at low 30s but none had been looked after.

Hence me keeping the clio & buying a meg.

I'd want a very good warranty on one of them!
your not wrong i would want a 2year warranty.
When I looked you couldn't get a good one for much under 40k

Looked at a couple of 3 year old ones at low 30s but none had been looked after.

Hence me keeping the clio & buying a meg.

yep that sounds about right low 30s for a 3 year old one,2-3 years time and they will be around 25k its just having a bit of luck to fined a good one.

I'm hanging on the for next big promotion and then I should be able to move to something like a BMW 1M or Audi RS3...pretty much the only cars I would consider moving too within my potential price range.