Pedal travel on brembo,s ?

I'm new to the 200 scene although I've had a few renualt sports I've found the pedal travel on my brakes quite bad now I havnt driven it a lot at all was wondering if they need to get abit more heat in them compared to normal brakes or is the way they are ? Let me here your words of wisdom chaps cheers

Is there a lot of travel? Have the calipers been stripped recently? The inside pad on the front calipers will probably be seized solid if they haven't been stripped/serviced in 12 months or so.

I've had my 197 a week now and think the pedal travel is quite long.

I've found the first third of the travel doesn't really do much and when braking hard from high speeds the pedal needs a really good push and it does travel quite far. No signs of any problems so don't think its an issue, just what these brakes are like I think

They shouldn't have if maintained. They are quite sharp with short travel when in good working order.

I'm 99% sure it will be the front calipers that need stripping, cleaning and putting back together. They need this annually if not more regularly to be honest.

Spoke to the dealership they have asked me to drive it for a week as the car has been in stock for a couple of weeks so hasn't been driven sounds like ******** to me but will do as they ask an see how I get on

When I bough my 200 the pedal felt terrible

lots of travel and not a lot of feel. I always remembered my 197 being spot on

a strip and clean and new pads front and rear transformed it.
it needs doing at least yearly

i did mine in May or June when I first bough the car and again a few weeks ago but I do a lot of trackdays so dust was building up inside the caliper again

Spoke to the dealership they have asked me to drive it for a week as the car has been in stock for a couple of weeks so hasn't been driven sounds like ******** to me but will do as they ask an see how I get on

They're trying to get you to forget about it. Brakes won't just fix themselves! The NEED stipping and cleaning, especially if it's been stood for any length of time.

Mine were absolutely minging

front pads totally siezed, slide pins had to be destroyed to remove them. Rear pads crumbled apart when I removed them. The rear brakes were binding due to all the crud built up inside

you definitely need to keep on top of them