Passenger door doesn't lock

Okay, so obviously the 200 comes with keyless entry. Now, I can unlock the car using the passengers side, however I am unable to lock it. I was able to a couple of times and now it's stopped again. Any ideas how to fix or what I can do? Will I have to buy a new passenger side handle? You press the button and it just does nothing. All advice is appreciated!
My thanks.

Mine seems to do the same. Keyless Entry on the drivers door is permanently dead, but the locking button is OK.

Passenger side keyless entry works fine, and the locking button does too at the moment but I'm sure it didn't a few weeks ago....

Not too sure what's going on haha, the boot works fine too, although I rarely seem to use that one. Not having keyless entry on the drivers door is a real pain....Ill do something about it one day....

My keyless entry doesn't work properly either, I need to pull the door handle then pull it again to open and the buttons don't work, I have to use the remote on the key to lock. it's been like this for months.

My keyless entry doesn't work properly either, I need to pull the door handle then pull it again to open

I think this is normal? The first pull unlocks the car, the second pull opens the door? At least that's how mine works on my working passenger side door. The boot is different though, I only have to press that once and it unlocks and pops up.

I think this is normal? The first pull unlocks the car, the second pull opens the door? At least that's how mine works on my working passenger side door. The boot is different though, I only have to press that once and it unlocks and pops up.

This does work, however what I think what is happening is when you pull the handle the first time the sensor detects your fingers, therefore when you pull the handle the second time, the door has unlocked and therefore opens.

I normally just put my fingers in the gap, the sensor detects them and the door unlocks, and then I pull the handle to open her up.

No its not working properly, when I got the car putting my fingers in the gap then one pull did it, and the button locked it but now the sensor and the buttons don't work.

its usually the failure of the optical sensor behind the black square behind the door handle

if you look at the mechanism there is a lever that works a switch that "wakes up" the hands free system/can data so the car will unlock...

[MENTION=52455]CallorFold[/MENTION] hi, replying to your comment from another thread - My problem was the two buttons to lock on the handle, first the drivers one went then the passenger went around a week later, i found out later that they were water damaged, sounds silly but i think its right because i didnt take care when i was using the powerwasher. Very strange because sometimes they work when its been pouring rain! dont know if it will help you any but thats my experience.

@CallorFold hi, replying to your comment from another thread - My problem was the two buttons to lock on the handle, first the drivers one went then the passenger went around a week later, i found out later that they were water damaged, sounds silly but i think its right because i didnt take care when i was using the powerwasher. Very strange because sometimes they work when its been pouring rain! dont know if it will help you any but thats my experience.
[MENTION=51347]ClioCoutts[/MENTION] Thanks for taking a look :smile: How much did you pay for replacement? Was it a case of replacing the whole handle? Did you pay for parts and do it yourself, or have a garage do it?

no worries bud, i still havnt got round to getting them replaced yet because its only been a few weeks, but renault quoted £60 per handle and i would say around 1 maybe 2 hours labour. There is a How To on how to remove the handles but im not very good at DiY, especially when it comes to removing door cards. It doesnt bother me not being able to lock on the handles but i find myself walking to the back of the car to press the boot lock, kind of getting used to it now!

no worries bud, i still havnt got round to getting them replaced yet because its only been a few weeks, but renault quoted £60 per handle and i would say around 1 maybe 2 hours labour. There is a How To on how to remove the handles but im not very good at DiY, especially when it comes to removing door cards. It doesnt bother me not being able to lock on the handles but i find myself walking to the back of the car to press the boot lock, kind of getting used to it now!

Yeah I've seen the how-to before, but I didn't fancy having to take the whole door card and handle etc. off - knowing my luck I'd get it apart and then not be able to put it all back! £60 for the part doesn't sound too bad - there's a good local electrical garage nearby, I might give them a call and see what they think and if they can quote a repair. Would be nice to get the keyless entry on the drivers door working as that's the door that's always in use!