parting with the R27

possibly the shortest ownership or usage of a 197.
purchased about 6 weeks back, used for a ring trip and the car has been stood ever since as the trip left me so very disappointed with it compared to the Trophy track car id been using previously.
I just couldn't find the love, nor any enthusiasm to be bothered with it, so I have made a decision to resurrect the Clio Trophy and get back out on track properly again for 2014.

the 197 tho, it hasn't gone far, its going to be moving from the trailer, given to a mate to do a decent bufty on and its going to the misses side of the driveway to be her new car.

she fell in love with it using it for the few days before the ring trip, and it certainly seems to suit her more so than myself.
so ive played on the subject, giving her the keys, and a couple of months ahead of our wedding 'her is your wedding present'.
she seems made up with it, which keeps me in the good books.

sorry Yianni, i hadn't spotted your reply as id not been on for a few days.
its probably still fun on the road, which the misses seems to like, but i just couldn't bond with it in the environment it was bought to be used in.
you never know, i may still poach it and carry out the tasks at some point over the coming years, but for now the Trophy will remain, the 197 can be the trackday backup vehicle, lol.

To be honest Kelv it kind of makes sense mate. Your trophy must be a weapon, great setup from factory and ultra light with the same power as the R27 more or less (mind you my R27 produced 182bhp on the dyno) so the R27 would always feel a lesser car when it comes to track days!:smile:

Some things just ain't right and this wasn't for you at least you had a go