Part exchange price for my R27!!

Was thinking about and flirting with the idea of getting a new megane 250 cup on a PCP. Went down to er "have a look" lol and went on a test drive of their demo 250 with cup pack.

I didnt do the deal as it turned out to be more than I wanted to pay, mainly because of the appauling px price for my 07 R27. They offered me £7000!!! :worried: for a mint condition clio with 32000 on the clock, recently serviced and mot'd too.

Even webuyanycar.com offered me 7450 lol.

Megane was a lovely drive, and very quick on a b road blast and on the expressway surge lol. But I did the same road on the way home in the clio, and although it wasnt as quick, the clio was more chuckable and more fun. I'm really confused as to wether I want to buy a megane at all now lol. I will keep the clio for a while longer yet :smile:

I found this with my Mates r26. I love them but it felt a bit to refined for me, not as fun. Turbo is good but I prefer a revvy engine. Thing with all RS models older or new, IMO one isn't better there all different and it's about finding the one that suits u best. I still love driving 182s and regularly get to, but still prefer mine.

Maybe wait for the end line 200?

Last edited:
I found this with my Mates r26. I love them but it felt a bit to refined for me, not as fun. Turbo is good but I prefer a revvy engine. Thing with all RS models older or new, IMO one isn't better there all different and it's about finding the onevthay suits u best. I still love driving 182s and regularly get to but still prefer mine.

Maybe wait for the end line 200?

Yes thats a possibility.

When I first seen the new megane and read the reviews I thought it wouold deffo be my next car. It still might be. It also seems the natural 'next step up'. But it was missing that fun element of the clio, so yes when i do change it may be for a 200 :smile:

why ask mate ?

if you can afford it do what you want

just remember the important things in life....

car aint that...

why ask mate ?

if you can afford it do what you want

just remember the important things in life....

car aint that...

Ya I just thought id moan over the px price. I have really looked after my clio its mint, I thought tht 7000 was really low, and was just wondering what others thought. I could stretch my finances abit and buy the meg 250 but i dont know if its worth it really as the clio is cheaper and just as fun if not more so to drive.

I was in the same mind as what you were 197 then a 250 next. Driving it changed my mind and preferred the rev the tits out of it aspect of the Clio. Plus there were a few other issues lack of rear space, visibilty etc...

But seriously £7000 for your car is taking the piss mate. I got £8750 for mine (six months older and 10,000 less on the clock) six weeks ago for trade at the local Renault dealership.

Try a different dealer. I'm not trying to persuade you out your Clio though! Lol! But at least its a Megane you're looking at.

Similar Thread Suggestions