Parrot mki9200

I'm thinking of buying one of these as it plays music via Bluetooth through it. Does anyone have one of these or can recommend me a different model, it has to be able to play music through it though. Also does the track name show up on the little screen that comes with it?

Also, I've just bought a brodit holder and I'd like to be able to charge the phone but don't want the cable trailing from the cig thing to the dash, is there any way behind the center console I can get a live feed to connect an iPhone charger to to make it a bit neater?

Cheers

We have these in both of our cars, they are really good.

For iPhone you have two choices, you can either stream via bluetooth - no track info, but you can shift back and forth through the playlist. Or you can connect via the dock connector, full control of iPod function, track display, album art, the works.

You wire it up using the ISO connectors at the back of the stereo, this provides the power to the kit, and the power to the iPhone via the dock connector.

There are some pics of how mine is installed in my project thread; while my wiring was a bit different because of the Cabasse system in my car, it would be 90% the same on a standard car. The main difference is that you have a choice how how to listen to the audio, you either mute the headunit and power the speakers from the Parrot's inbuilt amp, or you use the line-out from the Parrot into your stereo's aux input - this retains OE control for volume, but you may need an aux-in adaptor.

Any questions you have, please ask!

Hi ,

just in the process of fitting an mk9200 into my daughter's f1 - would be interested in choice of mounting place for display - I was thinking of just above the climate control area but would be glad of some feedback

thanks