OZ. Ultraleggeras

N0ddie

Platinum Member
Looking for a set of these badboys in the black colour. Looking for the same size as most people have (17 x 8 ).

The problem I have is that I am not too sure on where the best place to buy them from is? The price ranges vastly between all the different websites I have seen them on.

Yeh belive me I have looked still v expensive . Try top gear alloys (google it )

Tbh I'm going to get pro race 1.2s'S almost same weight half the price ! And can be brought - the red rim just a thought

Yeh belive me I have looked still v expensive . Try top gear alloys (google it )

Tbh I'm going to get pro race 1.2s'S almost same weight half the price ! And can be brought - the red rim just a thought

I had the 1.2s on my old COrsa VXR, just fancy something different.

Thats a brilliant price (see PM :lol:smile: if they are 17x8.

It may turn out to be the starting price for them in 17" which is 17x7

in all honesty NOddie if I were to start again with mine I'd go for the 17x7.5 ultra's as theres a much wider tyre choice and its even more unsprung weight saved over standard.

Buy mine and I'll buy some 17x7.5 :lol:

in all honesty NOddie if I were to start again with mine I'd go for the 17x7.5 ultra's as theres a much wider tyre choice and its even more unsprung weight saved over standard.

Buy mine and I'll buy some 17x7.5 :lol:

So what size of tyres do you have on yours?

And what size of tyres would fit onto the 7.5"?

How much you want for them anyway?

Last edited:
I have 235/40 R17 because of the 8" wide wheel. This is the closest you can get to the standard rolling radius.

With a 7.5" you would you the standard tyre size as it's the same as the standard wheel size. ie 17x7.5 with 215/45 R17

Its something to consider. Think I would get the 7.5s as like you said they are a bawhair lighter, and the tyres are gonna be cheaper.

I assume that no matter what width of wheel I opt for they are all the same offset etc?

No the offset can vary with different OZ wheels and offsets.

Another option is the OZ Racing Alleggerita HLT.

Any offset between ET68 and ET45 is fine. The Ultraleggera's in 17x8 are ET55 and 7.74kg the Alleggerita HLT are ET48 and 6.98kg

They are lighter than the Ultra's and come in 17x8.

You can fit the standard tyre size to a 17x8 wheel without any problems. I'll be doing this for my next set of tyres because you can only get R888's in 235/40 R17. With the 215/45 R17 you can choose between Toyo, Yokohama & Dunlop.

Last edited:
888 r always gonna rock though . Mark to save cost why not fit 215 888's to your 8j's?

No the offset can vary with different OZ wheels and offsets.

Another option is the OZ Racing Alleggerita HLT.

Any offset between ET68 and ET45 is fine. The Ultraleggera's in 17x8 are ET55 and 7.74kg the Alleggerita HLT are ET48 and 6.98kg

They are lighter than the Ultra's and come in 17x8.

You can fit the standard tyre size to a 17x8 wheel without any problems. I'll be doing this for my next set of tyres because you can only get R888's in 235/40 R17. With the 215/45 R17 you can choose between Toyo, Yokohama & Dunlop.

Am sold. Will go for the 17 x 8s.

I assume the standard 215/45/17 tyre will be a little more streched than usual on the 8".

not much but it's in a safe margin so nothing to worry about. I do wish the Alleggerita's where out when I got my wheels though :worried:

Similar Thread Suggestions