overseas popularity of the 197/200

Here in Slovakia, there are only a few clios, or even renaultsports. Though, we also got our own forum, with 10 threads or something :thumbup1:

Ive just come back from 10 days in France and didn't see a single 197/200. However, having driven through Limousin region, I'm suprised everyone there doesn't have one. No wonder the French make cars that handle superbly, some of the roads were amazing, hairpin here, hairpin there, swooping esses, sadly I was in a Toyota Yaris lol.......

Hiya. Sorry my bad english.

I live in eastern part of Finland, yep.. near Russia border.
We have something like 10-20 Clio III RS models in this country. Currently 1 for sale in whole country. I have never seen another one but my car in street.
My car is 2007 nimbus 197, and list price when it was new was 33.000€ including metallic paint, engine pre-heating system&interior heater plug, 2 sets of 17" renaultsport alloys, folding mirrors, dealer fees + taxes.
33.000€ / 25500£.
So you see, clio197 is so expensive here. You can buy new Toyota Avensis or Skoda octavia estate for less than 25.000€ brand new..
I bought my car in second hand 4 years old so there was -20.000€ off from its listprice. Bargain.. ?

And i think our speeding tickets are just high in Swizerland. If you drive for example 160kmh in 100kmh area and you get 3000€ / month salary you get easily 2500-3200€ speeding ticket and you licence is banned for 6-12months!
What you say about that.

My clio 36.000miles / 59.000km driven 2007:

full

Last edited:
Can't belive you lot are telling my competitors where my best markets are... Lol

Oh dont you worry matey, I know all about those already :smile: ! There is room for us both dont worry... No one will believe this but Im not after market domination, but after seeing our carbon bonnets and boots on customers cars its a massive sense of pride and achievement. Especially when you see them in every day life I love it!

Antti-o, thats a shame that they outprice the Clio RS over there, its a great car!

Cheers for the forum links guys, Im gonna have a browse! Im full of ideas for a mk2 version of my beast with carbon lightness!

Last edited:
Its a masive market out there Kev, bigger than any of us..

But I appriciate what you say, when you see a car thats got something on it that you've made with your own hands it does make you warm inside. :thumbup:

If you go near some of the British bases in Europe. You're bound to see a few on my camp alone there is 4 Clio 3 RS's and a few 1*2s along with a handful of Megane RS and R26's

I believe I heard somewhere that GB is the biggest market for RS models.

In Croatia, I don't believe there are more than 30-40 197/200 models.

Last edited:
3rd actually, behind France and Germany if i remember. Jeremy posted the sales figures up for last year, we were deffinately in the top 3 i just cant remember where :worried:

Edit: Found them!

Total Renaultsport (all 3 models):
1st - France
2nd - Germany
3rd - UK
4th - Switzerland
5th - Belgium + Luxembourg

Twingo Renaultsport:
1st - France
2nd - Germany
3rd - UK
4th - Italy

Clio Renaultsport:
1st - France
2nd. UK
3rd. Germany
4th. Belgium + Luxembourg
5th. Italy

Megane Renaultsport:
1st - France
2nd - Germany
3rd - UK
4th - Switzerland

Last edited:
3rd actually, behind France and Germany if i remember. Jeremy posted the sales figures up for last year, we were deffinately in the top 3 i just cant remember where :worried:

Edit: Found them!

Total Renaultsport (all 3 models):
1st - France
2nd - Germany
3rd - UK
4th - Switzerland

Twingo Renaultsport:
1st - France
2nd - Germany
3rd - UK
4th - Italy

Clio Renaultsport:
1st - France
2nd. UK
3rd. Germany
4th. Belgium + Luxembourg
5th. Italy

Megane Renaultsport:
1st - France
2nd - Germany
3rd - UK
4th - Switzerland

Ah that's brill, Ta :wink:

I'm another Aussie member, there is very little RS following over here. We all live in a country dominated by mostly people lusting for v8's (dirt cheap vauxhaul/Holden V8's over here when compared against the euro stuff - actually you could get yourself a v8 commodore for Clio money :/

It would be nice.

Thinking about it also. Skopusnik (Slovenian IIRC) has a bunch of people with 197/200s yet on Skopusnik is signed up on here.

no he is not, most of us are (and were) here (before him). :wink:

Last edited:
I didnt see any RS models anywhere but at the ring and one in monaco when we did our euro trip.

Everyone looked shocked to see the clio 200

I believe I heard somewhere that GB is the biggest market for RS models.

In Croatia, I don't believe there are more than 30-40 197/200 models.

In Finland current 197/200 cars which i know:

Clio 197 , 10-12 units
Clio 200 2 units which i know (Red & My Gordini), Red imported from Germany and my Gordini from Czech Republic
Clio 200T 0units

Last edited: