Oulton park sprint stage?

Anyone fancy it (joint with maybe twingo133 or meganesport or even possibly CS? if people wanted)

I've emailed them about prices and things, just out of general interest more than anything...

But I think it would be a good event, and maybe make it an annual thing :smile: could even start a sort of MLR sprint series for the RS forums :smile: at different tracks?

Got to start somewhere :smile:

Hopefully, if they charged us like £2500 for the track for the day, that's 25 cars at £100 each!!! Bargain at that!!!

We'd have to see, but what do people think?

(btw, hope I'm not treading on anyone's toes...I just wanted to see what they'd charge and how you would go about it generally, but thought I'd ask of people wanted to do it...so sorry if anyone feels I've barged in here)

Isn't Oulton really expensive to hire?

I heard Knockhill (which is quite a sparse track) was £4000 for a half day event. That gets you your Marshalls, ambulance and track time etc.

I can't see Oulton being that cheap?

Isn't Oulton really expensive to hire?

I heard Knockhill (which is quite a sparse track) was £4000 for a half day event. That gets you your Marshalls, ambulance and track time etc.

I can't see Oulton being that cheap?

Sprint stage mate, hardily ever gets used an can be used when another event is in attendance :smile:

Not the actual massive track...

This type of thing... (this is the evo's doing it):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=glQhaB7E_iY&feature=youtube_gdata_player

iirc v6clo enquired about something similar a while back for CS and was quoted some ridiculously high price, trying pm'ing him see if he has any info

One thing to consider with this inner circuit at Oulton is that it's made with a specific type of tarmac that had been made to be as slippy as possible. You'll notice on the video a lot of the Evos ate getting twitchy, they won't be doing a great speed either, it really is bloody slippy on there.

Still, I'd have go. :smile:

Whats that other sprint place.. Curborough or something like that, bet thats cheaper for an exclusive hire.

This is what I wanted....it doesn't have to be oulton park....I just think an annual sprint day would be awesome :smile:

3 sisters would be good too :smile:

Hmmmm - I drove on to the sprint stage once when I was parking for a BSB round. It was being used for parking, you had to drive around part of the sprint circuit and then park on the grass.

I was very early so there was nobody about......so obviously I put my foot down as soon I as got onto the sprint track. Holy Schitt - slippy isn't the word. I nearly actually rucked my car. Granted it was drizzling but you can imagine what a penis I looked.

To be fair, the slippy surface could make it more interesting......but for that matter you could go and do a 'drift day' for £60. You'll get some funny looks but its a cheap way to learn awesome car control in your clio.

If the OP can organise something I'd be interested mind.

I have some friends who use curborough for their national day, they have the big meeting on a sunday whilst there is a sprint meeting on but have a meeting on the saturday using the sprint track for some limited runs and it only costs them about £30 each.

Well it did the last time i spoke about it 2 years ago.

Curborough is near litchfield, staffs, quite central in the UK.