Other "hobbies"................?

in my thirties mate..but sometimes after work I do feel a bit older..

something like that Yiannis...as they say..you as old as you feel...

@sevenfourate - awesome ball collection! My other hobby aside from cars and motorsport is golf. Living/working in St Andrews it's hard to avoid. Between my car and golf there's not really much time (or money) left for anything else... and all my balls come from lakeballs.com :lol:

@sevenfourate - awesome ball collection! My other hobby aside from cars and motorsport is golf. Living/working in St Andrews it's hard to avoid. Between my car and golf there's not really much time (or money) left for anything else... and all my balls come from lakeballs.com :lol:

Cheers @Sean197

St Andrews. Fabulous !! (You listening [MENTION=54404]MRizzle[/MENTION] !!)........Need to tap you up for a knock next time im up there. What course/s do you play on ? You a member somewhere there too, or got one of the cards you locals get ?

I dont play too much these days. Well not like hitting balls at 5am when i was playing for living which i did for 5 years. Then i got my AM status back.....whittled h/cap down to +2 and pretty much burned myself out with County Golf etc and literally just stopped for 4 years. So these days its social and friendly golf only. Im not a member anywhere but "bum" games with friends who are members, and take advantage of deals nearby.

A vid of me "practising" last year to put a face and a swing to the name ! http://vid250.photobucket.com/albums/gg276/sevenfourate/Shuv playing golf/IMG_3291_zpsrka72qsq.mp4

Good golfing pal.

My hobbies are my family and going to hot hatch track days/ and a few drinks at the weekend (not every weekend). I have a daughter who is 10 and a son who is 5 and absolute loves cars (bonus for me) I have just bought a clio 172 cup soon to be (track car) have been working on it for 2 months so far have removed the engine fitted timing belt kit/dephaser pulley/waterpump/clutch kit/coil pack/spark plugs/ht leads/track rod ends/ and cage and seats next.

20160607_191716.jpg 20160503_201908.jpgScreenshot_2016-03-23-12-33-32.jpg the 1st pic is last week when I got it out on the road for the 1st time and all the misfire and clutch problems sorted, went really well, forgot how good/raw the 172 where. Got it for £600 and has cost me all about £1000 to get it where it is now. Anyone know the cheapest place to get rear wheel bearings ? If they come with discs that's fine. The new bearings in the rear discs have alot of play! Need to take them off and see if the spacer is still there or been thrown away! Has to be genuine bearings/discs. Thanks [MENTION=41063]Pav[/MENTION]

the 1st pic is last week when I got it out on the road for the 1st time and all the misfire and clutch problems sorted, went really well, forgot how good/raw the 172 where. Got it for £600 and has cost me all about £1000 to get it where it is now. Anyone know the cheapest place to get rear wheel bearings ? If they come with discs that's fine. The new bearings in the rear discs have alot of play! Need to take them off and see if the spacer is still there or been thrown away! Has to be genuine bearings/discs. Thanks @Pav

They do come complete with discs.

Heres a starter, sure you could get them cheaper too if you werent bothered about OEM http://www.renaultpartsdirect.co.uk/product/renault-clio-172-182-brake-disc-pads-set-rear/

Actually there are £66 each at ECP , but you can get discount on top of this too
http://www.eurocarparts.com/ecp/c/R...be2eb09c9a377b7ffa22dffcbb6f981113cad8&000027

Also check CarParts4less too.

Hobbies (non car related)
Lifting weights, stick to the big olympic lifts (Deadlift/Squat/Bench) recently hit a 200kg Deadlift which i was very happy about.

Technology -I am a database developer (SQL) so anything SQL /Database related plus been learning HTML recently as i had a bright idea to build a website, however this hasnt really progressed. Also interested in learning other technologies e.g Python (may get a Raspberry PI soon ) / C# etc. Working in IT means there is a constant stream of new areas / technologies to learn which suits me.

Hobbies (non car related)
Lifting weights, stick to the big olympic lifts (Deadlift/Squat/Bench) recently hit a 200kg Deadlift which i was very happy about.

Technology -I am a database developer (SQL) so anything SQL /Database related plus been learning HTML recently as i had a bright idea to build a website, however this hasnt really progressed. Also interested in learning other technologies e.g Python (may get a Raspberry PI soon ) / C# etc. Working in IT means there is a constant stream of new areas / technologies to learn which suits me.
Do you also take steps to reduce the possibility of SQL injections being successful if you don't mind me asking? Just intrigued because you hear about so many attacks and I wonder at what stage of the development measures are implemented to combat this

Cheers @Sean197

St Andrews. Fabulous !! (You listening @MRizzle !!)........Need to tap you up for a knock next time im up there. What course/s do you play on ? You a member somewhere there too, or got one of the cards you locals get ?

I dont play too much these days. Well not like hitting balls at 5am when i was playing for living which i did for 5 years. Then i got my AM status back.....whittled h/cap down to +2 and pretty much burned myself out with County Golf etc and literally just stopped for 4 years. So these days its social and friendly golf only. Im not a member anywhere but "bum" games with friends who are members, and take advantage of deals nearby.

A vid of me "practising" last year to put a face and a swing to the name ! http://vid250.photobucket.com/albums/gg276/sevenfourate/Shuv playing golf/IMG_3291_zpsrka72qsq.mp4

Good golfing pal.

Good stuff! I'm a member at Drumoig, just outside St Andrews. I play twice a week and hit the range at St Andrews whenever I can, still only a 12hcp though :worried:m Only been playing about 6 years, with about a year off in between, so not too bad. I play the St Andrews courses now and again, and also Downfield in Dundee (former Open qualifier course) as I grew up just across the road from it. Give me a shout if you're up here, will happily go for a game :smile: I don't do 'friendly' golf though, I do I'm-gonna-pummel-the-course-into-submission-and-get-really-frustrated-when-I-don't golf :lol:

They do come complete with discs.

Heres a starter, sure you could get them cheaper too if you werent bothered about OEM http://www.renaultpartsdirect.co.uk/product/renault-clio-172-182-brake-disc-pads-set-rear/

Actually there are £66 each at ECP , but you can get discount on top of this too
http://www.eurocarparts.com/ecp/c/R...be2eb09c9a377b7ffa22dffcbb6f981113cad8&000027

Also check CarParts4less too.

Thanks ks [MENTION=52200]montana[/MENTION] I have seen a genuine set on ebay with pads discs rear wheel bearings for £97 a really good price. My m8 said the non renault bearings are chocolate they go after a couple of month!

Thanks ks [MENTION=52200]montana[/MENTION] I have seen a genuine set on ebay with pads discs rear wheel bearings for £97 a really good price. My m8 said the non renault bearings are chocolate they go after a couple of month!
Sounds like a good deal for genuine ones

Do you also take steps to reduce the possibility of SQL injections being successful if you don't mind me asking? Just intrigued because you hear about so many attacks and I wonder at what stage of the development measures are implemented to combat this

In my job, no.

This would be more for the app developers than myself who build the outward facing sites for users to interact with (still internal users only , who are unlikely to have a clue on where to start with this).

In my day job i work inside a datawarehouse which is behind a few layers of protection and is an aggregated view of all the data we collect in a relatively sterile state and would never be exposed externally so in that sense, no.

However for anyone building websites that are hooked up to a database it is relatively simple to carry out an injection if they dont set up the outward facing site correctly.
Interesting stuff though, done plenty of reading / testing on it myself.

What do you do [MENTION=53102]DS197[/MENTION]

The house is my biggest hobby at the minute,

gone from this
9A2E57EB-9D1C-4C46-91FD-780686FF3DAD_zpstzwzpzrl.jpg
To This
AC948518-6936-4238-9EF8-77D5E1AA1257_zpsj3dxownk.jpg

Bit of This
5B487BD2-4CF0-494C-A9A1-633B8B3899F6_zpsevjv2ybw.jpg

And a hell a lot of this guy
IMG_2696_zpsthgkccoz.jpg
23002B4A-F576-4480-A854-44AA2873B1D4_zpswy4mhadc.jpg

I am literally a DIY retard so massively impressed by the house renovations!!

What kind of dog is that? He looks pretty awesome!

^^^^^

House looks fab ! Great job.

Airgun, rifle ? Target shooting or ?

Thanks,

Air rifle (Air Arms TX200 springer) Just target shooting, really enjoy it, but just haven't had the time recently, i don't have it in me to mercilessly kill animals for sport, keep meaning to send off for a shotgun licence as thats something id like to get into aswell

Shoot yourself ?

I am literally a DIY retard so massively impressed by the house renovations!!

What kind of dog is that? He looks pretty awesome!

Thanks Mate, a lot of things I've never done but, I'm too tight to pay someone so did it myself, even built an extension, all signed off to regs so i must of found a calling in life

He's (Troy) a White German Shepherd / Alsatian, he's a looker like gets a lot of attention