Original paint quality

Decon gel?? is it the same decongel that the military use to mop up Chemical and nuclear material? Very trick stuff...

ha ha i don't think so angel,its the decon gel that polished bliss sell,absolutely awesome stuff,ironX is another similar product iirc

Mine goes in next thursday to have some paint sorted on the INSIDE of the tailgate, the three sevice stamps in my service book did not have the anti corrosion check box ticked and i was a little worried about this putting in the claim but all was fine and a claim was ok'd.

The dealer i used seemed to think it was a 12 year cover but i have since found out it is 7 years on my 197.

On the 197

The Paintwork Warranty
The Paintwork Warranty forms part of the Warranty and is subject to the same terms and conditions as the Warranty
except that the additional conditions detailed herein also apply. In the event of any conflict between the terms of the
Warranty and Paintwork Warranty, the Paintwork Warranty terms will apply.
Duration of the Paintwork Warranty
RENAULT guarantees the paintwork of the exterior painted bodywork and other painted components (bumpers, original
spoiler and rear view mirrors) only - all other items are excluded - of all RENAULT Vehicles for a period of 3 years from
the Delivery Date.

Geographic Coverage
The Paintwork Warranty covers the same geographic zone as the Warranty.
Scope of the Paintwork Warranty
The Paintwork Warranty covers refurbishment or replacement, free of charge, by a RENAULT Network member of the
items listed above only, showing paintwork defects (for example: damage to the varnish or top coat, due to any material,
manufacturing or application fault) during the Paintwork Warranty Period.
The decision as to whether and how to repaint the Vehicle or replace parts under the Paintwork Warranty will be taken by
RENAULT (in its sole discretion) in consultation with the relevant RENAULT Network member who will take into account
the overall condition of the Vehicle in view of its age, mileage and level of upkeep.
The Paintwork Warranty does not cover:
- Damage not covered by the Warranty, as specified on page 2 of these Warranty Terms and Conditions
- Damage caused by events beyond RENAULT's reasonable control, including but not limited to: lightning, fire, floods,
earthquakes, acts of war, terrorism, civil commotion, sabotage, vandalism, acts of God, riots and attacks
- Mechanical elements that are not an integral part of the bodywork or subframe (alloy wheels, exhaust system...).
Conditions under which the Paintwork Warranty can be applied
In order to benefit from the Paintwork Warranty, the Customer must go to any member of the RENAULT Network for
rectification.
The Customer must show the relevant RENAULT Network member any relevant previous inspection documentation, the
Owner’s Handbook with the Service records duly filled in, proving entitlement to the Paintwork Warranty. (The Owner’s
Handbook Service records must show that the periodic body inspections have been completed according to servicing
requirements.) In return for the parts delivered by RENAULT under the Paintwork Warranty, the parts replaced within the
framework of the Paintwork Warranty rightfully become the property of RENAULT.
Any repainting done under the Paintwork Warranty will be covered by the Paintwork Warranty until it expires (3 years from
the Delivery Date).

Transfer of ownership of the Vehicle
- Transfer of ownership of the Vehicle does not alter the terms and conditions of the Paintwork Warranty.

I think people are mixing corrosion and paint warranties mixed up here.

corrosion is 12 years.

ha ha i don't think so angel,its the decon gel that polished bliss sell,absolutely awesome stuff,ironX is another similar product iirc

Sounds interesting stuff, I've never been one for detailing but my car could do with a thorough going over, i.e remove all stickers and get it sorted. Looking at it closely it does need some paint correction.

Or I just get it wrapped

Mines three and a half years old now so i must be getting mine done under anti corrosion warranty.

It has three blebs coming through under the paint on the inside of the tailgate.

I suppose the paint warranty cover defects in the paint.

Anti corrosion for rust coming the other way.