Original front brake pads vs DS2500

ive heard these are the best pads to use ben tbh im changing to them next as the redstuff are not v.good imo

have used the following -

standard
ebc redstuff
ds2500

in order of preference -

ds2500 (best so far)
ebc (best for low dust)
standard (good performance for the price)

standard pads are good if the brakes are well maintained - ie serviced yearly

Meh Redstuff are abit poo i think, far too little bite when cold.

true - but if you know about it you just give them a bit more stick to warm them up - but best feature is the low dust given off - the ds2500 are terrible for dust....

IMHO Ferodo DS2500 is well rounded pad that meets all our needs and requirements (for the most of us anyway :smile: ). For something more you have Ferodo DS3000, Ferodo DS1.11, Ferodo DS2.11, Carbone Lorraine, but that racing stuff squeals like pig, eat discs, and their debris can damage wheels... We also have Endless pads, but they are hard to get, and some nice Pagid's, I could try them sometime, but I don't need nothing more than DS2500 (DS2500 front, DS Performance rear)... Or you can send your pads to Carbotech Europe, and they will make you new ones, so you can have Bobcat or XP12 or new XP16 compound... BTW don't forget bedding in your pads, change your brake fluid, Motul RBF600 is very good, and not that expensive, and also braided brake lines are not that expensive...

Last edited: