Original front brake pads vs DS2500

Hey,
I find the original pads pretty good. They have a very long life span as well. Is the DS2500 worth the extra money?
Cheers.

if your not planning any track days then the standard ones will do just fine mate, :biggrin:

same goes with the disks as well.

unless your going to abuse your brakes (as i do going down the buttertubs) then standard are very good

i would suggest a yearly strip / clean / copperslip / rebuild for both fronts and rears :thumbup1:

standard one's are good but keep an eye on them i found my front pads material has started to detach from the metal base plate only 2 years old 32,000 miles.
thankfully i had a set sat on the shelf that i'd got off Ben.

i would recommend the ds2500 even just for normal road use i fitted them to mine and are fantastic all the time and never need to be warm to bite there just there all the time. Although i do have then paired up with K-Tec black edition grooved discs but very much worth it over standard package.

I would be careful about using copper slip on those calipers. It is a common mistake, as the copper can interact with the alloy. Recommend using special high temperature grease instead.

I would be careful about using copper slip on those calipers. It is a common mistake, as the copper can interact with the alloy. Recommend using special high temperature grease instead.

you mean with them being alloy - used copperslip for last 2 1/2 years and
no problems so far - to be honest i dont use alot just enough to stop seizure

I just phoned renault and got a price of 108 pnds for front pads and 54 pnds for the rear.I seen a full set of omp pads on ebay for 103 pnds are the omp pads any good ?

you mean with them being alloy - used copperslip for last 2 1/2 years and
no problems so far - to be honest i dont use alot just enough to stop seizure

Yes, depending on where you are using it of course, but risk of interaction with alloy, same risk with other alloys. There is a good high temp grease, I know of....will find out name and post. Of course, you have options of high temp or specially developed greases for different applications, or molybdenum based lubricants.

Practically, I am being anal about it,....but I am a marine engineer so seems about right. LOL. (Cue jokes about rum, bum and baccy). Copper being a base metal, will have an electrolytic reaction (as per Galvanic series) when in contact with another metal. Include the electrolyte (which is seawater when my car is parked next to the sea!) and not going to be good long term.

Yes, depending on where you are using it of course, but risk of interaction with alloy, same risk with other alloys. There is a good high temp grease, I know of....will find out name and post. Of course, you have options of high temp or specially developed greases for different applications, or molybdenum based lubricants.

Practically, I am being anal about it,....but I am a marine engineer so seems about right. LOL. (Cue jokes about rum, bum and baccy). Copper being a base metal, will have an electrolytic reaction (as per Galvanic series) when in contact with another metal. Include the electrolyte (which is seawater when my car is parked next to the sea!) and not going to be good long term.

yep - agree with what you say but....i have worked many years in the motor trade and used copperslip extensively - i have removed corroded alloy wheels that have siezed on to the dry/clean wheel hubs - cleaned them and copperslipped and re-fitted - years later no corrosion

one area its not recommended for was the gearbox input shaft where the clutch plate mounts on - most manufacturers only recommend as you say a moly type grease as a lubricant - and in some clutch kits supply a small amount to be applied to the splines

i would rather use it than not if you know what i mean

Anymore reviews on these pads? Had enough of my biteless redstuff pads from cold, need a better all round performer!

Anymore reviews on these pads? Had enough of my biteless redstuff pads from cold, need a better all round performer!

im the same atm Ben,

i am going for grooved disks, pads, and braided lines which are on order,

but just wondering are the DS2500 worth the extra £130 over the standard pads. ? :blink:

Get some grooved one from RichandGem - they look the nuts and is the direction I will be taking when I need some new ones!

As for pads Im using the standard ones and although not impressed with them they arent too shabby compared to other cars I have driven!

Get some grooved one from RichandGem - they look the nuts and is the direction I will be taking when I need some new ones!

As for pads Im using the standard ones and although not impressed with them they arent too shabby compared to other cars I have driven!

thats where i am getting them from Paul,

dont know weather to go for the grooved or the R.26R design, ?