Orders stopped??

Just read that orders have stopped already for the 200 and that you can only have left of what's already been made and available?! Seems abit quick from announcing the MK4 and then just stopping 200 orders lol

Orders stopped a few weeks ago. The 200 isn't built on the same production line as the normal Clio (it's built in the in the old Alpine factory as it's too wide to fit down the normal line) and as such and combined with all the unique parts it was always going to be the first model to go as suppliers start to make bits for the new Clio.

I'm also guessing that they'll shut the factory it's built in.

Orders stopped a few weeks ago. The 200 isn't built on the same production line as the normal Clio (it's built in the in the old Alpine factory as it's too wide to fit down the normal line) and as such and combined with all the unique parts it was always going to be the first model to go as suppliers start to make bits for the new Clio.

I'm also guessing that they'll shut the factory it's built in.

They'll never shut Dieppe, it will be pivitol if they revive the Alpine brand.

If they are stopping orders now then production will last for around another 12 Weeks of the 200, then the factory will gear up for producing the new car. No doubt they will start taking orders for the new RS between Jan and March.

Delivery should be pretty quick as its only Noddie and Mike DX that are ordering one.. :rofl:

They'll never shut Dieppe, it will be pivitol if they revive the Alpine brand.

If they are stopping orders now then production will last for around another 12 Weeks of the 200, then the factory will gear up for producing the new car. No doubt they will start taking orders for the new RS between Jan and March.

Delivery should be pretty quick as its only Noddie and Mike DX that are ordering one.. :rofl:

Probably true about the Alpine factory though it's getting pretty old now, though I forgot the Megane is built there too.

Pricing is due to be released in Feb with orders starting then too. Deliveries are stated as starting Summer 2013 so could be any time after May really. There shouldn't to too long of a wait either as it will fit down the standard line with all the derv Clios. Though they'll probably build it at the Alpine factory in Dieppe anyway as it's a RenaultSport car.

Last edited:
They don't do it for me. Synthetic noises and 'thrills'...,

Would you rather watch an F1 car go round a track or drive it.. I know what id rather!:drool:

I thought I read somewhere that the Megane RS250/265 is built on a standard production line. It is such a shame that the current Clio RS200 has reached the end of the road but all good things come to an end! If I had my way Subaru would still be making the classic 1997 - 2000 Impreza Turbo 2000 but 'progress' brought us the quickly facelifted new model.....

If you went into a dealers today you MAY just be able to alter the build of one.

It is only the RS Clio built in dieppe along with the race cars.

Factory will have to be re fitted to build the MK4 and if like they did with the megane they may do a run of special additions (WSR) so they get used to putting the new one together.

I thought I read somewhere that the Megane RS250/265 is built on a standard production line. It is such a shame that the current Clio RS200 has reached the end of the road but all good things come to an end! If I had my way Subaru would still be making the classic 1997 - 2000 Impreza Turbo 2000 but 'progress' brought us the quickly facelifted new model.....

yes, megane is built in standard production line in palencia, spain, where all types of other meganes are being built aswell (grandtour, coupe, and a 5 door).

It stopped a couple of weeks ago. There were 140 left at the docks when I ordered mine, 99% only had one option on them and most were white :worried:

i rang/emailed round LOADS of the dealers 2 months ago. for brand new FF GW200 with recaros and cup pack, best price i got was 17.5k on the nose, some dealers were trying to be as silly as 19.5k!!!

anyone after a 200 i would wait abit, because these ones left over will probably get flogged for cheap.