opinions so far

anyone find when you rev it hard with clutch fully pressed the car starts to try to move? Even though clutch fully engaged? Noticed last night after a whiff of clutch smell as was trying discover this popping noise whoops!

I can't comment on the clutch issue, but the popping and banging, from what I can gather from months of reading (someone correct me if I'm wrong) comes and increases with mileage. So with 1000 miles on you may not have it but by 5000 or so, more likely.

Last edited:
I can't comment on the clutch issue, but the popping and banging, from what I can gather from months of reading (someone correct me if I'm wrong) comes and increases with milage. So with 1000 miles on you may not have it but by 5000 or so, more likely.

Ah thought so, cheers. Explains why the engine is "soooo" quiet yet other times seems a little louder.

do you have a cup? My non-cup has one touch windows, just have to press them a bit harder to activate it.

Ditto, the non-cup has a clutch foot rest.

The inside of the renault logo is black rubber for a reason - it houses the locking button on cars equiped with keyless go.

There's no 3 blick on the indicators, but you can activate them without actually clicking them on and off (ie just hold them down slightly to get a couple of blinks when changing lanes).

Agree with your other comments though :smile:

Yeah I have a cup... so that would explain the lack of one touch windows, clutch foot rest and black bit inside the Renault logo...

I think ill get a clutch foot rest from the dealers the carpet there is already showing the first signs of wear, hopefully its a straight fit?

Regarding the logo, I might get some white vinyl and see what it looks like body coloured with the logo itself carbon wrapped...

I could be wrong but iirc RUK stated a while back that the right hand drive RS's didn't come with footplates/rests as there isn't the room for the one they normally use on the left hand drives... or something like that.

They can be bought and fitted though, a couple of people over on the RS forum have done it.

Last edited: