One bad 197 to go

The 207 GTi isn't meant to be that reliable is it? I would get the 197 fixed and ask them to give you an extended warranty for at least 12 months.

haha an austin alegro or lada would be more reliable that my 197.. 91 days ownership and a 3rd of that its been bad/broken down...as they say the feather that broke the camel back. I actually just want to see the back of it.. late for my daughter bday was the final straw monday.

no faith in the one i have and no money or warranty can change that. Going for the bmw 320d.. drive that until jan and pass it to the mrs and get a 2 seater sport car for me ;-)

mrs dont know it yet but will talk her round by jan hehe

Ha ha! Surely they could just give you your money back and take the car back from you for you to buy what you actually want?

Only you can decide what you're going to do but you ain't seen the 197 at its best.So I think you should have it repaired then see

good chat today and the area manager involved and sounds like they just want rid of me now, so have some options.. cash exit aside, bmw 320d auto 45k or Focus ST225

my brain says sensible BMW due to an expensive year, heart says ST225.

D day next wednesday when i get there :smile:

Very different cars. How quickly would you get bored of an auto? I liked the 225 I drove. Would have one too.

Depends what you are going to use the car for, if your daily commute involves challenging roads then you may miss a manual, if you do lots of traffic or built up areas then you probably won't. Besides you could buy something cheap and fun with the fuel savings!

ST.

The Beemer isn't even remotley like the 197 in terms of being hot/drivers car etc.. The ST is a great car.

result I think

offer 1 - BMW 320d and 1k cheque
offer 2 - focus st2 225 straight swap

Sensible me is saying BMW and keep the 1k cash to add to my end of year bonus and get a 2 seater sport car in Jan and bmw used as family car/mrs to run around. Can drive into the ground as it has lots miles left.

Focus is the better deal as, I paid 6.8k for my 197 and they advertised the ST for 8.2k 1 owner and FFSH last serviced at 41k and clock says 45k now ..looking online a low miles ST225 with FSH goes for much more that 6.8K

Downside no cruise control on the ST which is a BIG compromise for me. Sensible me is weak though and ST it is.

ST225 is a great car but very thirsty, I never saw more than 25mpg from mine no matter how carefully I drove it.

But....the noise is fantastic and engine is easily tuneable. Tbh I miss it a bit!
I will certainly be looking at the Fiesta ST next year for definite as well.

(On I side note I really can't see the argument that Fords are a step down from Renaults tbh. Each to their own and all that but Renaultsports are not seen as 'exclusive' at all round my neck of the woods. Infact, dare I say it....they are seen as a bit chavvy!!. But then I'm from Essex innit :tongueout:)

Cheers Si

To be honest, the clio only averaged 21.01 MPG in the 3k I put on it in the last 3 months.

I have seen 33mph if I baby it on the motorway at low 50's mph but quickly drops once its driven. :smile:

25mpg aint bad, happy with that and agree on exclusivity. Be my 4th Ford RS :thumbup1:and looking FW to it. Love the fact that it has the same engine as the Focus RS too.

Just fell off my chair with Esure just now - think they been smoking too many trees. Quoted me 1100 for the st with 300 excess and 1260 for the BMW with 400 excess. Im 36 with 8yrs no claims 4 points.

On Go compare, esure came up tops at 573 for and same excess if no points and £669 with 4 ppoints excess 300. If tuned to 260 its £820 with 400 excess.

Some even had 3k excess. They are clearly on crack. haha