Old Phot' & Photoshop

Just an old phot' from my album that I messed about with in Photoshop due to boredom today! :smile:

picture.php

I need to learn how to use photoshop as I am pants at taking photos so might be able to improve my lack of photography skills with it lol

To be honest Andy I haven't got a flippin' scooby half the time, I just keep applying filters, undoing them if I don't like them, maybe changing the opacity with a layer or two every now and again and then just adjusting the brightness and contrast. If you ever get stuck though Adobe's own help articles are awesome, they're what I use when I'm stuck.

I need to learn how to use photoshop as I am pants at taking photos so might be able to improve my lack of photography skills with it lol

I'm no guru but I've been using Photoshop for longer than I remember and amateur photography for around 4-5 and honestly if the photo is bad to begin with then while you can rescue them to a certain point (more so shooting in RAW format) nothing helps more than taking a good shot in the first place and you'll end up spending more time than it's worth getting them to look really good.

I often just bin shots that could be rescued somewhat, simply because they never match what you achieve with a good shot in the first place.

It's useful to get to grips with PS though :smile:

Jealous of the iPad Roy, probably the top item on my wishlist at the mo' for gadgets, I just never know whether to wait for the next version or whether Apple are being sneaky and just releasing a new one with a new name but no major differences - I lose track!

That's a fair one Grumpy, at the mo' most of my shots are taken on my phone so usually they need a bit of tweaking here and there. I have got a digital SLR that was a Christmas present though but I always forget to take it with me (I'm a bit rubbish when it comes to that!)

Cheers Rogue :smile:

SAM_0711.jpg

2663187f.jpg

Love adjusting photos on an iPad this was changed using an app called snapseed, also taken with a blackberry so not a good camera either

I've had a go at the above image using Photoshop CS6:

SAM_0711_edited.jpg

Then cropped down:

SAM_0711_edited_crop.jpg

My apologies for the poor job of cloning out the long grass over the front. Rushed it a bit and ideally you'd do this with the hi-res straight off the camer file.

Thank God for the clone stamp tool! I'm only just getting to grips with it but yours looks really good Roy. Thanks Chris and RVanner I love that your pic smacks you in the face with that colour! I saw an orange and black 200 when I was trawling the net not long back and have to admit I loved it, but I was always a fan of the orange Focus ST colour anyway :smile:

Last edited: