Ok, so I debaged the back..but...

I'd be happy to help you mate. Easy peasy - and that's coming from me! Shoot me a PM if you're interested. :smile:

I got Clio badge off ages ago, think I'm just gonna take renaultsport badge off and do exactly what I did with clio badge, tardis, clay and then srp, should work. Thanks anyway :smile:

Simple AS Tar & Glue Remover & Some Elbow Grease!

This! Used it when I took the Clio off ages ago and the other day when I took the renaultsport off, I no you saying there's no glue but just try it and see lol

I had this on my old peugeot 106 and all i used was some super-resin polish followed by meguairs next gen tech wax 2.0. Did the job effortlessly and it never re-appeared :smile:

Right, got rid of the Renaultsport badge today, thought it looked tacky, didn't take any effort at all tbh, and mines a 56reg, the outlines were quite heavy on mine, a bit like the one on the picture in this thread.

First of all I used tar remover, left it to soak for couple minutes, buffed off with a microfibre, which removed a lot of the residue and marks on the paint.

Secondly I clayed the area which didn't really get rid of much more of the marking but it did help prep the paintwork that hasn't really been touched before.

Thirdly I used a bit of good old super resin polish on the whole area, which got rid of any left over marking without any effort whatsoever, just used circular motions in the area for 30seconds or so, then let it cure on paint for a little while, buffed off with microfibre.

Lastly I waxed it with collinite 845, to lay a bit of protection.

Nice and easy took me all of 15mins to do if that.

Sure! You've got my number dude - drop me a text or PM me and we'll sort something out. :smile:

There you go.

Attachments

• IMG_0677.jpg
    IMG_0677.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_0680.jpg
    IMG_0680.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_0682.jpg
    IMG_0682.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_0683.jpg
    IMG_0683.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_0686.jpg
    IMG_0686.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 33
Looks good that.

I have some bizarre plans (to be a bit different) so still undecided!

Right, got rid of the Renaultsport badge today, thought it looked tacky, didn't take any effort at all tbh, and mines a 56reg, the outlines were quite heavy on mine, a bit like the one on the picture in this thread.

First of all I used tar remover, left it to soak for couple minutes, buffed off with a microfibre, which removed a lot of the residue and marks on the paint.

Secondly I clayed the area which didn't really get rid of much more of the marking but it did help prep the paintwork that hasn't really been touched before.

Thirdly I used a bit of good old super resin polish on the whole area, which got rid of any left over marking without any effort whatsoever, just used circular motions in the area for 30seconds or so, then let it cure on paint for a little while, buffed off with microfibre.

Lastly I waxed it with collinite 845, to lay a bit of protection.

Nice and easy took me all of 15mins to do if that.

Nice write up mate. You mentioned a resin polish. Which product did you use? Will the one that autoglym sells do? Thanks