Oil pooling around spark plugs

Hi guys,

I've noticed a leak over the last few days by the front right suspension strut. Looking in the engine bay it seems like there is some oil pooling around the spark plugs.

Any ideas as to what could be causing this? The car has only been driven on very short journeys lately, no more than 10 minutes at a time.

Jeron

This is quite a common problem. In most cases it just requires some sealant on the rocker cover bolts on the head. Worst case senario is a new rocker cover gasket/sealant but this is covered under warranty

This is quite a common problem. In most cases it just requires some sealant on the rocker cover bolts on the head. Worst case senario is a new rocker cover gasket/sealant but this is covered under warranty

I'm not the original owner.. so I have no warranty.

How old is the car? Millage etc. I always thought it would still be covered by manufacturers warranty if under 3 years old and 60K

How old is the car? Millage etc. I always thought it would still be covered by manufacturers warranty if under 3 years old and 60K

07 and its on mid 59's.. close!

I put silicone in the bolt. There was water leaking from the bottom but I have traced that down to the air filters(?) that sit below the windscreen wipers.. they are full of gunk and look sodden.