Oil pick up pipe

Quick question where about in the sump is the oil pick up pipe?

The reason I ask is the drive out the front of my house is quite steep and I normally drive up it as it's easier than reversing on. A couple of times I have come out in the morning and when I start the car it sounds like a bag of spanners for about 1/2 a second (I never rev it when I start it) Now I have started to reverse all the time and it doesn't happen.

My guess is that the oil is draining back into the sump overnight so the top end is being starved until the oil pressure is up.?

You guys think I've hit the nail on the head ?

My girlfriends mums house is the opposite (it has a negative gradient) and I've come out havin reversed onto the drive, started and it's skipped a beat. I can't confirm but I'd agree it's probably starving the pump for a split second.

My girlfriends mums house is the opposite (it has a negative gradient) and I've come out havin reversed onto the drive, started and it's skipped a beat. I can't confirm but I'd agree it's probably starving the pump for a split second.
Hope we are both right on this one. As above if I reverse onto the drive it doesn't happen

I suspect it is the dephaser pulley being drained of oil. Mine used to do it occasionally but only if parked in a certain place/angle. The noise 100% comes from the pulley side @ top of the engine.

I suspect it is the dephaser pulley being drained of oil. Mine used to do it occasionally but only if parked in a certain place/angle. The noise 100% comes from the pulley side @ top of the engine.
cheers Chris hasten to add I'm going to reverse on the drive from now on