OEM alloys -> OZ U.G.

Hi,
I understand that the weight saving going from OEM to OZ UG is around 2 kilos per corner. Is it worth the money? I'm interested mostly in improving the ride quality, not necessarily better performance.
Thanks mates.

TBH I doubt you are ever going to notice the difference - however the Ultraleggeras look gorgeous so I would get them on that basis alone!

Like F1 says, they are worth it just for the looks. I have a set and the weight difference is very noticable (When carrying them anyway).

The offset of ET55 also fills the arches very nicely.

I would advise him against moving to OZ UG because it does not make much difference in terms of riding quality. I am saying this from my personal experience. You can feel some difference but it is certainly not worth the money invested. But the good thing is that it will enhance the performance of the vehicle.

Last edited:
the ride quality... first of all, a lighter wheel will put less stress on the suspension, but ET55 kind of should level it to the same level a heavier wheel with ET68 does, also keep in mind they are 8" wide, not 7,5" OEM, so a stretched tire will give you more feedback on the surface quality, so I dont think the ride will improve tbh.... but you will receive better handling in return!

The ride is the same. If anyone tells you different then there lying. Feels bit better low down and pulling out of bends with the weight difference. Nothing dramatic but noticeable. Like NOddie said, picking them up you really can feel the weight difference which will have a slight effect. Because of the wider track it also feels tighter.

But the main thing is they look the dogs b****cks!! lol :wink:

The ride is the same. If anyone tells you different then there lying. Feels bit better low down and pulling out of bends with the weight difference. Nothing dramatic but noticeable. Like NOddie said, picking them up you really can feel the weight difference which will have a slight effect. Because of the wider track it also feels tighter.

But the main thing is they look the dogs b****cks!! lol :wink:

So so true. Best wheel for the 197/200 by a mile :thumbup:

ive got the ultraleggeras on mine in 18 x 8s, an yes there a nice wheel looks wise etc, but ive had to reapir 3 of mine due to them cracking cuz of the ****e roads.

ive got the ultraleggeras on mine in 18 x 8s, an yes there a nice wheel looks wise etc, but ive had to reapir 3 of mine due to them cracking cuz of the ****e roads.

Ouch. Spose that is one of the downsides of using lightweight bigger wheels. Thats why al never go big on rim diameter again. Some times better to have that slightly taller tyre to take most of the energy.