Odd sound when turning wheel

It sounds like your lower ball joint needs replacing. It's a common fault with the Clios - there are various threads on the forum if you want to have a search :smile:

It's not an especially expensive fix thankfully.

Yep my money is on one or both of the ball joints on the bottom of the hub, mine makes the exact same sound and my mechanic said there was quite a bit of play in the passenger side one. It never used to creek like that until the wet weather we've had lately.

Only had the car a month or two and I bought a 12 month warranty, it says in the small print things like ball joints and pivot joints are covered so I'm hoping they'll foot the bill and replace at least one of them. Going to push for both as there is slight play in the drivers side too. Think they are about £80 each for the joints, but your looking at a good 2-3 hours labor per side to fit as they are apparently a bit of a pig to do.

There is a diagram on here that shows which joint it is. It's not the ball joint on the wishbone which I originally thought it was.

Yep my money is on one or both of the ball joints on the bottom of the hub, mine makes the exact same sound and my mechanic said there was quite a bit of play in the passenger side one. It never used to creek like that until the wet weather we've had lately.

Only had the car a month or two and I bought a 12 month warranty, it says in the small print things like ball joints and pivot joints are covered so I'm hoping they'll foot the bill and replace at least one of them. Going to push for both as there is slight play in the drivers side too. Think they are about £80 each for the joints, but your looking at a good 2-3 hours labor per side to fit as they are apparently a bit of a pig to do.

Yes, pig of a job! Yeah, around 3 hours labour on top :smile:

Thanks for this ,

Car has been in the garage with a clutch replacement going to do these myself when shes back on the road.

Similar Thread Suggestions