O.Zs have landed

The main thing I noticed was the weight difference, made it feel a lot more eager on and off throttle.

whats wheels did you come from grumps?

Both 200 cup wheels and Speedline Cup racer wheels, both at least 2.5kg heavier a corner. Using road tyres and AD08s respectively.

Despite mine being 8J and clad in R888s I actually find the steering more responsive and at high speed easier at least certainly on immediate turn in.

The Alleg's were expensive but I was surprised at the difference they made to how the car just feels in terms of the wheel and throttle, never mind the use of R888s and the libertys you can take with those :smiley:

I know a few of you guys have lowered your cars and these wheels look great no doubt about it , would these still look good on normal cup suspension as its a bit of a toss up between speedlines,OZ, and I also saw a grey set that looked a bit like Rogues at a Vag show last weekend in Northampton .
BEA911C8-9441-4222-B699-0B05A4CE4800-2916-000003BAF2E03405_zps7f4faeb5.jpg

Last edited:
I know a few of you guys have lowered your cars and these wheels look great no doubt about it , would these still look good on normal cup suspension as its a bit of a toss up between speedlines,OZ, and I also saw a grey set that looked a bit like Rogues at a Vag show last weekend in Northampton .

Check OllieRS's thread for some pictures Buddyboy, he has fitted OZs on ff suspension.

I think it looks strange with the OZs on at the normal ride height.

On cup suspension:

5981444745_2c4d753640_b.jpg

On coilies:

6014679234_e2a66f3d15_b.jpg

On another note. Some new Ultras should be with me tomorrow courtesey of Tony at Demon Tweeks.

Some of us cant even justify one set of new wheels :worried:

Maybe if i hadnt have spent hundreds of pounds of fuel driving too and from Renault garages? lol

Q: I got a set of Ultras for my 200 and I did not buy any extra bolts. So is it OK to fit them with OEM bolts? I did it and it seem be OK.

I used the OEM bolts with mine as the bolts suplied with the OZ seemed to be 2/3mm longer

I used the OEM bolts with mine as the bolts suplied with the OZ seemed to be 2/3mm longer

Not only that but the longer bolts are of lesser quality to the Renault ones and corrode quickly (Experienced this when our first set came).

Using the Renault bolts is fine.

I thought the high rollers were litchy and Mike.....lol

Yea Kenny has spent quite a lot but there's some guys on here with 197's that have spent 20-30K on forced induction and track setups. Infact one was for sale yesterday and now sold lol

Red will look better mate, but Yellow would be different and gets my vote :smile:

Lol 20 -30k. Hope people are not including me in those daft figures....

Similar Thread Suggestions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
oilman Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust and Air Intake 0