NOW BOUGHT!! Clio 197 F1 First Modifications

Hi guys,

Currently in the process of buying a totally standard Clio 197 F1, As I have practically everything in order I want to purchase some modifications for it ready to put on straight away...

I am an absolutely noob when it comes to Renault's as this is my first so help would be greatly appreciated...

Initially I only really want breathing mods to give it a throaty/raspy sound.

What are your opinions on the following to get me started?...

-KTR Pro Performance Cat Back Exhaust System
-KTR Pro Performance De-Cat
-K&N Apollo Closed Cold Air Intake System

I am on a bit of a budget to start with but due a bonus around June so can splash out then a bit...

Is KTR a decent exhaust system if not would milltek be better?

Ideally I would get a supersprint but they are just a bit too expensive for me at the moment...

Any help appreciated as I am totally clueless on 197's at the minute, need to get learning...

Cheers Matt

ktr exhaust is better than a miltek as miltek loose power without a remap. K&N apollo dont bother as any type of induction kit wil loose u power. Go for a replacement panel filter itg or pipercross. Another option is inlet matching as they are crap as standard, they will cost between £200-300.

on the subject of imduction. Theres a box section behind the drivers side bumper grill that blocks the induction pipe to the airbox. I removed mine and made a open mouth grill. Also theres a second inlet to the airbox that open at certain rpm that sit by the passager side strut in the engine bay. It mayb beneficial to run some pipe to colder air.

on the subject of imduction. Theres a box section behind the drivers side bumper grill that blocks the induction pipe to the airbox. I removed mine and made a open mouth grill. Also theres a second inlet to the airbox that open at certain rpm that sit by the passager side strut in the engine bay. It mayb beneficial to run some pipe to colder air.

very useful mate!! thanks a lot!!

by removing do you mean unbolt or actually have to permanently remove from the car?

Although it's not an F1 I have my keen eye on this at the below at the moment, it leaves me some modification funds then to :smile:

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classif...radius/1501/page/1/postcode/ng166nl?logcode=p

looks decent and honest

IMHO:

1. Matched inlets
2. KTR Pro Performance Cat Back Exhaust System & KTR Pro Performance De-Cat (personally, I would go for Akrapovič)
3. Clio V6 Ph2 airbox (if you want to relocate your battery)
4. Remap (PaulRS)

This should get you to ~200bhp, real ones. :smiley:

the box is permamently cut out. Noone will see this as its attached to the bumper between the bumper and the valence. If u remove the two bolt s either side of the bonnet latch and the plastic clips by each light you can pull the top of the bumper forward and see behind the grill.

I have a ktec pro performance and ITG panel filter on mine. Just noticed you are local, so if you want to have a look / listen , just say the word :wink:

I have a ktec pro performance and ITG panel filter on mine. Just noticed you are local, so if you want to have a look / listen , just say the word :wink:

May do so mate!!

I am looking at one tommorow night so will give you a nudge if you get it to see what it sounds like..

this is very possibly the dumbest question ever as I am not sure on how wide or narrow the range of exhausts for Renault is....

BUT

On the below advert there is a rear shot, which shows a pertruding exhaust, could anyone possibly so amazing to idetify the exhaust?

(The car dealer selling it has no idea what it is)

Like I say that may be a very dumb question....

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classif...e/1/radius/1501/image-id/1560511901?logcode=p

Looks like standard exhaust with the renaultsport trims (Official accessory, ~£60)

Have a close look at them and you'll probably see renaultsport written on them and notice they're just bolted onto the original exhaust pipes

Also, I bet that car used to belong to someone on here. I think the front bumper stickers were available from Jase and it's also got cup alloys on it but not the cup suspension

Looks like standard exhaust with the renaultsport trims (Official accessory, ~£60)

Have a close look at them and you'll probably see renaultsport written on them and notice they're just bolted onto the original exhaust pipes

Also, I bet that car used to belong to someone on here. I think the front bumper stickers were available from Jase and it's also got cup alloys on it but not the cup suspension

cheers mate!!

Will be viewing it tommorow, at least I won't get my hopes up for a full system sat on it waiting to be heard...

Just on the phone to the guy who works at the dealership and he said it was picked up at a trade auction so it may well be mate...

Seems a good base to start, I am liking those wheels against the red!