Notchy gear box?? Clutch feel funny??

Hi Chris thanks for the advice.

I have a 200 cup and I have noticed my gear changes have become slightly notchy over the past few months. It feels the same in every gear. As I go to change gear I expect a nice free flowing smooth gear change, although feels like I'm having to put effort in to get it out of gear and then into gear, I don't have any crunches just notchyness. It is also hard to select gear on cold mornings, What do you recon as I am worried the clutch maybe dragging. I have already had my brake fluid changed and bleed recently by a trusted mechanic, don't think they bleed the slave cylinder though.

I'm going to Ktec for a 36k service next Tuesday and will get a technician to drive it and see if they can diagnose what the problem is, after seeing this thread I will ask them too bleed the slave cylinder first as it's probably worth doing.

chances are the slave cylinder wasnt bleed so id defo get done!

get it bled before hand so dont try sell you a gearbox :wink: Least know for ya self then if its sorted it

It was the cold air feed tube that looked to be in the way, didnt look at whats required to get it out. Will have another look tomorrow. Thanks for the feedback guys :smile:

You might have to jack car up to unclip metal pipe, not sure. If can do from ontop great but got start pulling stuff out.

On subject of this post - done a full day of track time at oulton without a single issue!! :smiley: looks the its cured it :wink:

I was looking at mine from an access point of view and noticed something. In a pic added in a thread I saw (Foxy?), I noticed that the rubber section with the wire clip is right against the gearbox housing. Pic added
P6200002.jpg

Mine is not the same, as you can see it is not against the gearbox housing. Is this in the pulled out position? Apologies for the pic, but its fairly clear.

P4101056b.JPG

Attachments

• P4101056a.jpg
    P4101056a.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:
Great thread, cheers Chris. Funny how I have a clicking noise coming from under/front of the car when I pull off and release the clutch. I have bled the brakes twice and feel that I may have air in the clutch system from the shared reservoir. I will get it done next week as part of the MOT and feed back.

Anyone able to help on my last post?

Looks like you've got a recon gearbox fitted going by all the paint markings on it. Could just be an aftermarket slave that's fitted so might just be the way it sits.

If it was in the 'one click out' position you'd have no clutch because the fluid would be coming out.

Thanks for the reply. It is the original box, I have had the car from new!! I guessed if it was in the bleed position the fluid would p*ss out of the bleed nipple. Maybe its a newer version than the top pic I posted?

Thanks for the reply. It is the original box, I have had the car from new!! I guessed if it was in the bleed position the fluid would p*ss out of the bleed nipple. Maybe its a newer version than the top pic I posted?

Could also be the case mate.