Not a Clio I know

Thanks for the comments Guys. I put alot of effort in yesterday, and when the old man says "nice one young un, I am well impressed" then it definately make it worth it.

It is all standard at the moment which is "about" 220bhp but he is booking it in for the mountune conversion next month back at the dealers which puts it up by about 30bhp I think, don't quote me on it! :wink:

On the colour matching, I have only just noticed it on the first few pics. It must be the sun.
I spent around 3 hours just waxing yesterday and the colour matching looked fine then, there were a few blemishes but not much else.

I am well impressed by the car and it has definetely pushed me towards a Green RS for my next car.

(Ready for the uproar) :smiley:

My Dad asked me to give his new car a good going over today, so 7 hours of wax on, wax off and here are the results. Took it out for a quick spin and was very impressed, really effortlessly fast and very comfy. :thumbup1:

Please feel free to keep any anti FORD remarks to yourself thanks! :wink:

No matter how much you clean, wax and polish its never going to be a RenaultSport :wink:

Seriously though mate it is very nice - not bad for a dads car! :thumbup1:

Thanks for the comments Guys. I put alot of effort in yesterday, and when the old man says "nice one young un, I am well impressed" then it definately make it worth it.

It is all standard at the moment which is "about" 220bhp but he is booking it in for the mountune conversion next month back at the dealers which puts it up by about 30bhp I think, don't quote me on it! :wink:

On the colour matching, I have only just noticed it on the first few pics. It must be the sun.
I spent around 3 hours just waxing yesterday and the colour matching looked fine then, there were a few blemishes but not much else.

I am well impressed by the car and it has definetely pushed me towards a Green RS for my next car.

(Ready for the uproar) :smiley:
big boys car then.dont blame ta i do like them.as long as its not a vauxhall:lol:

The reason I said about the colour match was down to the Green RS.. . I cancelled my order for a Ultimate Green one after I saw the colour matching between plastic's and body in certain lights, i.e.

colourmatch.jpg

I got a blue one instead. Most of Ford's pearlescent paints are like it unfortunately (mainly Electric white and early versions of Ultimate Green) but they also have some problems with normal metallics (like most manufactures). The later versions of Ultimate Green are OK, as they changed the paint process (59 plate onwards) just in case you decide to get one :wink:

Love the ST mate, It looks bloody clean lol. I'm a Ford boy at heart... just couldn't turn down the Clio! it's an awesome car! :lol::thumbup1:

Looks really good, cracking car too.

Any mods? A good friend of mine is running ~325BHP with various Miltek and Dreamscience goodies. Fun. :smiley:

Robo, the last trackday my mate did in his, he got the MPG down to 9.1 which included a 55Mile round trip on the motorway. :smiley:

Ha, ouch! Though I did Barnsley - Silverstone and then round the track and got 14mpg and thats 100miles one way :smiley:

That colour matching on the Green RS ^^ is shocking!!

I am really surprised at the colour match on the RS, I will definitely be looking out for that, very poor. :thumbdown:

The Mountune kit is awesome! Mountune says it adds about 30bhp but EVO magazine put one against an RS focus and it was level pegging up until 140mph! Then they put it on an dyno and it was pushing about 280bhp!!!!!! and a bit more torque than the RS (from what i can remember). If you go onto the EVO website the review is probs still on there!
I so nearly bought an ST because of the Mountune kit, its keeps the Ford warranty as well :smile:

The Mountune kit is awesome! Mountune says it adds about 30bhp but EVO magazine put one against an RS focus and it was level pegging up until 140mph! Then they put it on an dyno and it was pushing about 280bhp!!!!!! and a bit more torque than the RS (from what i can remember). If you go onto the EVO website the review is probs still on there!
I so nearly bought an ST because of the Mountune kit, its keeps the Ford warranty as well :smile:

That sounds immense, the kit costs about £1200 I think but if you have the exhaust done aswell it comes out at £1500 which my Dad is having done next month. He was only interested because it kept the warrenty, which on a brand new car is something you still want to have.

Those figures are epic, can't wait to have a go in it after the work has been done. :001_tt1: