NOS ( Nitrous , NOZ )

Hi guys... Can't rele find much on the above but I'm going to give it a try anyways, I have now sourced a kit and it will be fitted in the next few weeks... I hear some good and some bad things with regards nos on the clio's so that's why I haven't gone for a run of the mill kit spend extra money on an optimzer, doesn't just come in on full throttle controls when in the rev range and what gears to kick in which means hopefully no clutch and other issues...
Any feedback and options appreciated.

Thanks, Mark.

Thanks Fernandez :smile: I did touch on it other day and clutch was mentioned... Need to get that sorted before santapod... Lol

What branded kit did you go for? I've not heard of the optimiser before, what controller are you running?

There are many factors in a well operating system such as line length, injector positioning, spark plug heat rating, nitrous delivery line type etc.

Mine took alot of fettling and setup to get it running nicely but it is possible. The STD clutch is fine if your activating from a rollin start but suffers on the launch. Be sure to have your TCS switched off when launching otherwise the ignition cuts out and it causes a nitrous 'burp', otherwise known as a backfire. This happened to me and blew my airbox to pieces :worried:

Also run your controller at zero delivery in 1st and I'd start with a 40% delay, 1.5 second increase at 20% values for 2nd and progress up the gears from there.

Make sure you use 99 RON with octane additives to prevent pinking, especially if you've had a remap in the past ( advances timing ). I had to install ARP head stud kit to prevent the head from lifting off the block due to the compression increase. If your running 50bhp shots you may have to do the same unless you really set your controller low :worried:

One more point to mention, this time of year your system will be useless without a bottle heater, the delivery pressure needs to be at least 950psi for adequate flow.

Hope this helps :smile:

Ben, you seriously need to start your own Performance/Nos installation business. Your knowledge is wasted otherwise. :smile:

yup. The guys knows his onions

i struggle with making tea.. lol

I hate onions to the point of allergy lol, thats what ruined pot noodles for me :worried:

Stud kit was from ktec, it's the same setup as a 182 head so both kits fit. Standard headgasket works nicely though( obviously renew it! ).

Wow Ben fricking legend! I will be running minimum 50 shot bud, and I did wonder about those heaters may have to invest :smile: how much is stud kit and Wer from? Is t a DIY kit to? Not at work at the moment got all details there, it's a Wizzard of nos kit mate, getting It of a friend for a very very good price, lol, he paid £1500 or just over at street car nitrous down south mate,

Thanks for all your help mate :smile:

P.s any videos and pics you could send me of it installed running Wer stuff is mounted etc... Thanks :smile:

I'll get back to you tonight with all my install photos and as much info as I can remember. Are you fitting it yourself? What delivery line are you using? ( I have a preferred routing path for either braided and nylon ). Have you considered bottle mounting location and position?

Are you going direct port or single injection? Wet shot I presume too.

Let me know of anything specific I can help you with :smile:

Last edited:
Thanks very much Ben. Was going to get it fitted but May get a mate to not sure yet... Haha that is double Dutch to me but all stuff I will find out :smile: initially I thought behind seat but think going to mount in boot? Did you fit it yourself? And yeah wet kit... Lol

Thanks, Mark.

Okay you'll want to go single injection from the intake hose, it's simple to setup and effective for anything below 150bhp as the manifold on the 197 is pretty equal flowing anyway. This way you benefit from charge cooling the intake as the nitrous flows across it's entire path ( it literally frosts up with a long shot ).

Bottle mounting wise depends whether you have a 5lb or 11lb bottle? A 5 will fit behind your seat but only tranversly to DOT ( direction of travel ). You preferably want it inline with DOT so on acceleration the nitrous tips backwards in the bottle and remains in the pick up dip tube, ensuring you pick liquid nos instead of useless gas.

An 11lb bottle will not fit behind seat with bracket and fittings on the valve so it must be the boot which, unless your stripped, also requires a transverse mount. If fitting like this is the only option the tilt the bottle so the valve outlet is approx 15-20 degrees towards DOT, that will help with the nitrous surge.

Okay pics of system. It's gone through MANY changes since its initial installation so the pics may not make sense in order.

ARP head stud kit:
DSC02293.jpg

Helix uprated clutch:
DSC02179.jpg

Bottle mounting:
20100905-4.jpg

DSC01432.jpg

Fuel line take off:
DSC01368.jpg

Activation switch with bottle heater switch:
DSC02076.jpg

Pulsoid location ( pre ITB work ):
DSC01369.jpg

Controller location ( since changed to a Max Extreme digital controller ):
DSC01363.jpg

New controller:
DSC02074.jpg

DSC02055.jpg

Bottle heater:
DSC02051.jpg

DSC02054.jpg

Now setup with ITBs running direct port one injector per trumpet, still wet shot:
DSC02528.jpg

DSC02535.jpg

DSC02525.jpg

Hope this has helped :smile:

Ben thanks wouldn't quite cut it, BUT THANKS! Massive help mate! Didn't realise you had ITB's! Jealousy doesn't come close! I've been talking to Matt at Taude-de-force about 225 conversion but think to much hassle so was going to contact him about throttle bodies, mind me asking how much and Wer from mate? And are they worth it? Want as much work doing as soon as i can before santapod RS day in April, you should come down mate meet us there we can get a few to go and show the Ford boys whats best! Haha,

Thanks, Mark.

Okay pics of system. It's gone through MANY changes since its initial installation so the pics may not make sense in order.

ARP head stud kit:
DSC02293.jpg

Helix uprated clutch:
DSC02179.jpg

Bottle mounting:
20100905-4.jpg

DSC01432.jpg

Fuel line take off:
DSC01368.jpg

Activation switch with bottle heater switch:
DSC02076.jpg

Pulsoid location ( pre ITB work ):
DSC01369.jpg

Controller location ( since changed to a Max Extreme digital controller ):
DSC01363.jpg

New controller:
DSC02074.jpg

DSC02055.jpg

Bottle heater:
DSC02051.jpg

DSC02054.jpg

Now setup with ITBs running direct port one injector per trumpet, still wet shot:
DSC02528.jpg

DSC02535.jpg

DSC02525.jpg
oh-my-lord.gif

Last edited: